Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recomend me a budget bivi bag with a 'hoop'
  • bentandbroken

The last time I went out I used 3 bin bags and some gaffer tape. It was not ideal, it was a few years ago and I was younger so more resilient

It’s main use will be during warmer weather, but this is the UK, so a reasonable degree of waterproof and breathable would be good.

I would prefer a ‘hoop’ to keep it off my face and give me some room to move/store smaller bits of kit

Cheap is key!

Anyone care to recommend anything?

TIA

🙂

bentandbroken

Bump for the daytime crowd 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

Aren’t all the hoop ones expensive and almost as heavy as a small tent?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Why not just get a hoopless one and stick a short tent pole inside it?

surfer
    Free Member

Alpkit Hunka

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Gelert do a one man tent which is supposedly quite good, the solo I think. It’s sub £40 so certainly cheap.

Otherwise, I looked at the Vaude bivi 1 or the snugpak ionosphere when I was looking last year, both about £100.

scrumfled
    Free Member

issue gore bag rigged as a bivvy pup tent.

Costs ~£30.

mrsausage
    Free Member

[/url]

qwerty
    Free Member

Coleman Rigel X1 (or X2 i can’t remember)

not perfect as its not really breathable (condensation gathers on roof) but its <1kg, roomy, RRP @ £100 but i got mine for £30

or Gelert for £30

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve got the Gelert Solo One. It’s absolutely incredible value for money. Small enough to bungee to the back of a seatpost.

spchantler
    Free Member

gelert solo, ive got one but not used it in anger yet, hoping to do the c2c with it this year…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recomend me a budget bivi bag with a 'hoop'’ is closed to new replies.