Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Reccommend me a……hotel in Dublin
  • wombat

Just for a change I thought I’d seek recommendations for non bike related expendutire on a bike forum…

I’m going to be in Dublin with work on a fairly regular but occasional basis (4-6 nights per month) for most of this year and I’ll need somewhere to stay.

Ideally want to be close (30 mins walk) to Dublin 7 and in a reasonable area. Walking distance to the City Centre would be a bonus but not critical if it’s close to the the Luas.

B&B would be fine but will need Wi-Fi.

Stayed at the Maldron in Smithfield last week which was OK but would like to see what else is available.

Any ideas?

catsplums
    Free Member

I have stayed in the O’calaghan Davenport for work a few times and seems pretty normal and reasonable. not sure if it is where you need to be but they have a few hotel’s int he area.

hope it helps

N

mike_p
    Free Member

I stayed at Dylan in Ballsbridge a couple of years back, very nice

fizzicist
    Free Member

Go for CityWest just outside Dublin. Its an epic, well resourced palace with golf courses, gym complex, 2 chinese restaurants and a tram terminal to the city centre.

It’s also bankrupt, run by the banks and €60 a night if you ask nicely. You won’t do better for the money.

andyha
    Free Member

Portobello

A few friends have stayed here when in town for work nights out. This hotel is on the southside, however is round the corner from the luas, although not the line over to the northside, plenty of good bars,the excellent Bretzel bakery is round the corner.

Coming into the summer to pubs on the canal will be busy and if you bring your bike you can ride straight out door and head up to three rock, ticknock and the Hellfire Club.

15 minute walk into town.

I left Dublin a few years ago but this is the area where I used to live.

Dark-Side

Not been for a few years, but the Morrison Hotel was very good, and well located.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Conrad is very nice, but pricy

boblo
    Free Member

I used to stay at the Shelbourne or the Clarence. Shanahan’s on The Green for dinner…yum.

wombat

Thanks for the tips guys, will have a look in more depth this evening 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Reccommend me a……hotel in Dublin’ is closed to new replies.