Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Reccomend me a ride near blaenau ffestiniog
  • kirky72
    Free Member

staying near blaenau ffestiniog for a week through summer, my bike will be coming with us.

Can anybody recommend any 15/20 mile interesting XC with some techy bits thrown in which is within an half hour drive or so.

Antur Stiniog aside as I know of it and will be hitting there during my stay.

breninbeener

The Marin trail and Penmachno are a v short distance from AS. Both are great.

pirahna
    Free Member

Coed Y Brenin should be a 30 minute drive.

jedi

penmachnoi or get a map and ride from tan y grigio up through old slate quarry moel yn bach i think it is.

jedi

if you look at my video blogs. 3.2 is the footage from it

VIDEO BLOG

kirky72
    Free Member

Cheers Jedi, I’m not one for watching any old clip but I actually enjoyed that one, you seem like a real diamond geezer too.

The trails looked fantastic however I’m not really confident when it come to map reading and end up stumbling down all the wrong places if it’s not a fairly straight forward route. I will ask around though and maybe get a so map for the area and find somebody to point me the right way.

If i only had time for penmancho or the Marin which ones better, less firer roads and more interesting? Been to Cyb last time I stayed around Barmouth way and even though I enjoyed myself I would rather try somewhere else.

jedi

Penmachno all day long

scandal42
    Free Member

Penmachno all day long

Certainly felt that way when I did it in torrential winter rain and heavy wind 😆

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Any ride that heads away from it.

evh22
    Free Member

Hi Jedi, Your ride in your video looks great. I’ve worked out where you started and finished, any more ideas where you went?

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Did Penmachno a couple of weeks ago and ……. apart from the jumpy swoopy bits, just spent the whole ride just bilging into flooded trails. Was great views and nearly as much elevation as Snowdon the day before…….but its ticked in the box, but wouldn’t rush back to be honest. Guys we met riding said they preferred the Marin Trail, but cant question that myself as not ridden it.

evh22
    Free Member

Doesn’t sound that promising 🙁

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Reccomend me a ride near blaenau ffestiniog’ is closed to new replies.