Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • real-time ride tracking
  • rocketman
    Free Member

Hi folks I’m looking for something that shows where I am at the moment in relation to where I was at the same time the last time I rode the route. Like the ghost car in Gran Turismo

The idea being that I can see where I’m falling behind or where I’m ahead on my local loop

Does such a thing exist?

Garmin do a virtual training partner.
    Never used it myself, but I think it is exactly what you want.

wwaswas

Most of the Garmin devices do.

You load your previous ride as a course and it tells you how far in front/behind that you are.

Called ‘training partner’ I think – you can just set a target average speed too but that’s less use for off road.

timmys

My old skool Garmin Edge 205 does that so imagine any newer Garmin would (though they do have a bit of a habit of removing features in newer models).

Also, if you don’t need it while you ride I’m sure plenty of software would allow you to compare two traces. I know the software I use (Ascent) does.

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

You can also set an average speed and it does a direct comparison of where you are in relation to that.

rocketman
    Free Member

Ok folks thanks for your help
    Will have a look at the Garmin

njee20
    Free Member

You can also set an average speed and it does a direct comparison of where you are in relation to that.

More useful on the road than off IME – where the variation is huge.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘real-time ride tracking’ is closed to new replies.