Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • re training/career advice…
  • jimbobrighton
    Free Member

so I’m knocking 30, and thinking about the skills I’ve got. plenty of experience in travel trade working for some big companies – have progressed well with a steady improvement in pay/repsonsbilites. and other bits and pieces, but I’m thinking about the possibility of moving into a different field entirely.

Main reason is to reduce the commute, be own boss, the old work/life balance etc etc… My degree, although a Design one, actually had quite a large electrics section (it was lighting design)

What are peoples experiences of learning a trade/career change, and are there any good training orgainsations to speak to?

Any comments from STW people much appreciated!

jimbo

pault41
    Free Member

I did it at 39 changed from 20 years in the meat trade as a fully qualified butcher ,to working in the care sector,using the life skills i’ve gained thru working volutary sector in spare time,scouts youth clubs etc n family life farther of three boys now 9/18/21.
    Now work with adults n children with learning difficulties n challenging behavior, doing all the things i like doing,walking ,mountain biking,art,cooking n eating and get paid to do it.
    Just recently moved to a new project that is within cycling distance of where i live in a beautiful part of West Wales near the coast n the mountains.
    Did some retraining but all on the job and don’t regret a moment of it ,hence i’m now at home today till 3pm with my youngest on easter hols not stuck in a shop or factory.

GO FOR IT !

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘re training/career advice…’ is closed to new replies.