• This topic has 71 replies, 59 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by ctk.
Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Rate my resignation letter ….
  • franksinatra

Based on that I’m kind of surprised that you were actually employed as a writer in the first place!

nickc

If you send that, it’ll reappear in a while as an entry into someones online article entitled, “How Not to Resign”

onandon
    Free Member

It’s a flounce. No one likes a flouncer.

Keep it short and walk away.

The end

jonnyboi

TLDR

Drac

Based on that I’m kind of surprised that you were actually employed as a writer in the first place!

gobuchul
    Free Member

Its part of the cleansing, moving on process, flame away… its a done deal…. sent as an email.. bit long, it looks worse in the forum format….

So the OP has already sent that message.

I don’t think one post has been positive about it.

Really not sure you what were you thinking?

freeagent
    Free Member

Most of it come across as a bit whiney and petty.
    As others have said – you’ve comprehensively burned your bridges there – if that was your intention then fine, but I’d imagine your industry is a small world (like many) and word gets around.

franksinatra

slimjim78 – Member
    Well, I like it.

Isn’t it against forum rules to have second logins OP?

hooli

Not something I would do. You never know when your paths will cross again – either new management at the same company or those people somewhere new.

IMO, typing the email gets rid of 99% of the frustration even if you don’t send it.

wwaswas

I suspect any catharsis the OP got from sending that has been wiped out by the comments on the thread about it?

finbar
    Free Member

I say, if it felt like the right thing for you to write, more power to you. Well done on quitting!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I’d save it as a speech for your exit interview.

As above, three lines.

pictonroad

Sorry but that reads as if you’re no expert wordsmith. It’s neither succinct, erudite, witty or informative. It comes across as muddled.

I’d stick with something simple. It sounds like the recipient will choose their own reaction anyway, why stoke the fire?

Edit- you’ve sent it. Awkward…

funkmasterp

I’d have gone for something like

Dear xx,

I hereby give one week’s written notification of my intent to terminate my contract with xxxxx. I’d like to say I’ve enjoyed my time here, but that would be a massive lie.

Hugs and kisses
    Funk.

PS. I sincerely hope you contract the bad kind of cat AIDS

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’m not a fan of the catharsis resignation.

IMO its unprofessional and burning your bridges when you don’t have a crystal ball is foolish.

Doubly so with your excessively long, incoherent whimperings that lack any kind of clarity or masterstroke pwning.

I found myself wondering at the end of that lot if you were actually having a go or not.

If your quality of work is as poor as that, I’d say there was another side to this story…

ransos
    Free Member

I’m not a fan of the catharsis resignation.

Agreed. If you want to get stuff off your chest then if it’s a large company you could request an exit interview with HR.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Not funny, not succinct or stylish, and not embarassing to him if he shows it to others.

Sorry, 1/10

yetidave
    Free Member

I’d be quite relieved to receive this, if the rest of what you write was this incoherent. Sorry if this offends OP. A thanks but no thanks would have sufficed, especially if you are freelance as suggested.

tthew

OP’s gone a bit quiet. Not quite the response he hoped for I reckon. 😀

allthegear
    Free Member

Lucky for the OP he didn’t post his outburst and inability to manage his manager on a highly search ranked website, then… 😆 🙄

Rachel

mikertroid
    Free Member

Way too long.

I’d be glad I’d lost an employee who could generate such an incoherent noise, I’m afraid.

Keep is short and sweet and devoid of any emotion. These things have a habit of coming back to bite you……..

tomd
    Free Member

Oh dear oh dear.

You’re moving on, nothing to be gained by “settling scores”.

slowoldman

Did anyone read that through?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Sorry but that reads as if you’re no expert wordsmith. It’s neither succinct, erudite, witty or informative. It comes across as muddled.

Ideal for posting on here then. You should have chucked it into a politics thread.

No one would have batted an eyelid

Drac

No one would have batted an eyelid

It would have stood out as being too sensible.

Edukator
    Free Member

Did anyone read that through?

I tried but got confused.

mattyfez

I just went with the below when I had a bad doo, I think the clinical lack of emotions spoke more volumes than a rant, and it’s perfectly professional so no comeback.

Hi,

In accordance with section x.x of my terms of engagement, I hereby terminate the contract in place between xxxxx and myself, effective immediately.

Regards,

xcracer1
    Free Member

Good for you for going through with it. Life is too short.

Now move on, either in the same sector, or branch off to do something else.

onlysteel
    Free Member

Lost interest after 3 or 4 paragraphs. From what I gather, your employment was base on writing? Hmmmm……….

footflaps

From what I gather, your employment was base on writing?

I know, I don’t believe that either!

ART

You’re a writer?
    Never burn your bridges, always hold the high ground however much you want to say what you really think.
    Walk away now.

ctk
    Free Member

1/10.

Struggled to get through it.

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Rate my resignation letter ….’ is closed to new replies.