Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Rat Race C2C
  • Trekster

http://www.ratracecrossing.com/index.html

What do we think?
    Worth a go?

Creg

Might give it a go, finishes on my doorstep (almost)

Trekster

Always fancied it, just never got round to organising

easygirl

£300 per person entry, WTF

Creg

The entry fee is a concern..I should look at planning it myself but I have visions of it all going wrong

IHN

£300 does seem a lot of money, and then they bung on a booking fee of £1.99 🙄

Shred
    Free Member

Well, the fee includes food, camping and moving all your kit. So not that bad really.

druidh
    Free Member

£300 is taking the piss though.

jota180
    Free Member

£300 is taking the piss though.

Be fair, you get a free[?] Tee and a medal 😉

druidh
    Free Member

Oh that’s it. I’m in!

rudebwoy
    Free Member

so you get three meals, a tee shirt, a gong, two nights in a tent, the chance to purchase a breakfast or two — hot showers-

for £300- i could have two weeks touring and living pretty well for that money…….

MSP

Price seems comparable to other multi day events.

Northwind

I was looking at it but a bit taken aback by the price too. Not that it’ll be cheap to put on, and I suppose you could argue that it’s effectively 3 long xc race stages with the timing and waymarking etc (tour de ben nevis costs £50).

But no, probably won’t be doing it at £300.

MSP

I suspect point to point races take more organising than circular routes, more days probably becomes a bit of a nightmare to organise all the routes and access. Secured parking at the start, camping, transporting kit, transporting racers and bikes back to the start at the end, ect.

Its not cheap, but I don’t think its the rip off some seem to believe.

How does it compare on costs to the beardy man, or trailmasters?

AlasdairMc

I could get half my LeJog for that, and we stayed in bed and breakfasts and ate non stop.

MSP

How many people were you racing?

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Mate and i were looking at this a few weeks ago then saw the price and thought **** that. Seems way way too much.

Will be doing he coast to coast road ride in the summer next year, much more like it cost wise.

MSP

I was going to go to the British GP, but decided to watch traffic driving down the street instead.

jota180
    Free Member

How many people were you racing?

Unless it’s wholly private land, I guess this Rat Race thing isn’t really a race either?

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Having done the London Rat Race for the last few years, it’s got worse as time has gone on. For the masses it’s OK as in introduction to adventure racing but we decided it was too dumbed down and not as well organised last year, to the extent that we vowed not to give them any more of our money and we’re creating our own adventure race instead!!!
    £300 is a lot of cash…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Rat Race C2C’ is closed to new replies.