Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 144 total)
  • Rascism – gone just a little too far
  • infestation
    Free Member

She had to use about 3 plastic bags on her hands so she didn’t have to touch the meat. so she couldn’t open the packaging properly then took ages to cut just a small amount. I would like to have said why do you work here if you don’t want to touch pork plenty of other people want a job. But then someone would probably say I was racist. I’ve got nothing against anyone but if you want to work here then you have to give a good service to customers we’re paying their wages.

nealglover
    Free Member

When I was four years old, my grandfather drove me around Birmingham, where the Tories had just fought an election campaign saying, “if you want a **** for a neighbour, vote Labour,”

born in 1960 then.

And I remember being at school in the early 80s and my teacher, when he read the register…

And still at school in his early 20’s having the register called.

Seems a bit strange ?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

see you’re blaming ‘people with a different skin colour’ for crying racism.

It happens though doesn’t it?
    I’ve denied things to prisoners because they’ve asked for something that they not allowed because of prison policies or rules & I get ‘your’e only saying no cos I’m… (insert ethnicity)

grum
    Free Member

Seems a bit strange ?

Well done detective – it really makes a lot of difference to the point he’s making doesn’t it. 😕

I guess it depends on your definition of ‘just’.

I would like to have said why do you work here if you don’t want to touch pork plenty of other people want a job. But then someone would probably say I was racist.

Well, crazy idea I know, but maybe she wants a job, but couldn’t find one where she didn’t have to handle pork. Or maybe it was her first day on the job, and she just wasn’t very good at cutting meat. Bit of empathy/understanding/tolerance might not go amiss, or do you reserve that for people of certain ethnic origins?

Did you not dare say ‘I’d like a bit more please’?

I’ve denied things to prisoners because they’ve asked for something that they not allowed because of prison policies or rules & I get ‘your’e only saying no cos I’m… (insert ethnicity)

Maybe some of them have experienced situations where the rules only get enforced for people of a certain ethnicity. And yes some of them are just trying it on.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Unbelievable that in 2013 there are still a couple of people on this thread that need to have racism explained to them.

…..as to tolerate every possible insult, having their wives’ integrity questioned, their parentage, hair colour… But as soon as someone mentions skin colour, they burst into tears?? It’s ridiculous. This isn’t some sort of repression, it’s sticks and stones!

Of course it’s **** repression!

It’s because, for decades, open racism ( and therefore hatred ) was seen as acceptable that now we are quite right to stamp it out at the merest utterance.

nealglover
    Free Member

Well done detective – it really makes a lot of difference to the point he’s making doesn’t it.
    I guess it depends on your definition of ‘just’.[/b]

It certainly does.

Because it would have been 1972 when he was 4 years old. Rather than 1964 as he suggested 😉

But I suppose exaggeration to make a point is fine in that context, he is a comedian not Council for the Defence after all.

infestation
    Free Member

so you call any comment about foreigners ‘racist’ then force people to shut up? That’s like facism.

jon1973
    Free Member

I would like to have said why do you work here if you don’t want to touch pork plenty of other people want a job. But then someone would probably say I was racist. I’ve got nothing against anyone but if you want to work here then you have to give a good service to customers we’re paying their wages.

Lucky for you that you decided not to say anything, otherwise she may have tried to shoot you with her Muslamic Ray Gun.

Lifer
    Free Member

infestation – Member
    so you call any comment about foreigners ‘racist’ then force people to shut up? That’s like facism.

Any racist comment, perhaps. And did you seriously not ask for more?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yes being anti racist is very much like facism – one of the key tenants of fascism was its intolerance of racism and they preached relentlessly about how everyone was equal

Seeing as you joined today was it just to get reactions?

Ps I thought you were making a comment about someone in a supermarket how on earth would you know whether she was a foreigner

Ps you need these two things

trailmonkey

how do you know the lady was foreign ? did you see her passport.

though i do tend to have some sympathy for your position. just because someone is a nasty, bigoted, small minded, xenophobic, islamaphobe, it doesn’t mean they’re automatically racist too.

Lifer
    Free Member

😆

grum
    Free Member

Comments about people being forced to shut up and fascism are quite amusing. The post of mine that Shibboleth threw a hissy fit about got deleted, I wonder why.

khani
    Free Member

My dad was a Muslim and worked for the Wall’s meat company for thirty years, he didn’t have any problem with it, in fact he kept the local area supplied with cheap sausages, bacon and pork pies from the staff shop for years,
    In fact thinking about it, in the end he probably killed more people than Shipman..
    The woman in the supermarket just sounds like a lazy moo more than anything else.

dabble
    Free Member

i don’t see it as any coincidence that the next most moronic post on the thread happened to +1 your comments

If this is aimed at me maybe the last line was a bit daft, though meant tongue in cheek. I’d like you to explain how the rest of it is moronic? I regaled you with a lovely story that clearly demonstrates how the term racist was applied to one group of people but not others, aren’t the majority of crimes “hate” crimes? If someone attacks someone else its generally because they don’t like them. Why make a definition if it was white on black, black on Asian or Asian on white? I don’t agree with any discrimination, but if its going to be that way then lets have a bit of equality in the matter (I know this is the mother of all oxymorons.)

Lifer
    Free Member

Why make a definition if it was white on black, black on Asian or Asian on white?

Interracial violence is not necessarily a hate crime, and hate crimes are not necessarily interracial.

Junkyard
    Free Member

The post of mine that Shibboleth threw a hissy fit about got deleted, I wonder why.

Last time i questioned him i got deleted for 3 day so count your blessings – perhaps you quoted him and his post has been deleted ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The woman in the supermarket just sounds like a lazy moo more than anything else.

But all hijabbee’d up to the max! And we can’t have that! 🙂

trailmonkey

I’d like you to explain how the rest of it is moronic?

i don’t need to, i’ll let you do it for me

I regaled you with a lovely story that clearly demonstrates how the term racist was applied to one group of people but not others,

to claim that race crimes against white people don’t count as racism is quite clearly moronic

Lifer
    Free Member

dabble – Member
    +1 shibboleth
    A white lad was beaten up by a group of Asian lads in the local park where I live, it made the local news, they had called him white trash and white s*hite, stabbed him in the hand with a screwdriver and smashed him in the head with a brick. According to the police this does not constitute a racist attack. If a group of white lads had done this to an Asian lad would it of been classed as racist by the police? You bet your bottom dollar it would. There is an inherent hypocrisy in the whole racism argument in that you can only be racist if your white. Even the black on Asian violence that goes on round here isn’t classed as racist. Bollocks to the lot of ’em.

Hate Crime Fact Sheet

Any criminal offence which is perceived, by the victim or any other person, to be motivated by a hostility or prejudice based on a person’s race or perceived race.

Perhaps it wasn’t reported as a hate crime/racist attack? I don’t think the police label it as such it’s depends how it’s reported to them? (Questions as I’m not sure)

dabble
    Free Member

they had called him white trash and white s*hite,

I think he knew why they were braying him.

Edit
    It was reported that his family had tried to get it reported as a racist attack but the police were having none of it.

dabble
    Free Member

to claim that race crimes against white people don’t count as racism is quite clearly moronic

That’s my point! the whole system is moronic.

trailmonkey

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think he saying your claims are moronic/ ie the claim that only white folk can be racist etc gets trotted out every time we have one of these threads
    As it shows that is just not true and no one ever claims this except . lord only knows why, white people

You may consider not treating everything you read as gospel and if this is what happened the police would consider it a hate crime
    Indeed they have extended it to groups such as goths recently

dabble
    Free Member

Fair enough, he’s entitled to his opinion.

mightymule
    Free Member

More to the point, what does a Muslamic Ray Gun do, and how do I go about acquiring one one? They sound like they would be even more fun than a light sabre.

Lifer
    Free Member

Oh go on then:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPD8qHhtVU[/video]

dabble
    Free Member

That video never gets old 😆
    Why is it the greatest champions of the white race always turn out to be the worst examples of it?

Lifer
    Free Member

Because there’s only one race worth championing.

I, for one, bow and offer thanks to our shape-shifting reptillian overlords.

dabble
    Free Member

I knew they’d get you in the end.

Kryton57

you have seen whats happening with Football haven’t you

you are the 1980’s and Frankie says relax

Sadly not – don’t you watch the news?

RustySpanner

INRAT, but let’s be honest here:
    The only people who really complain about ‘poltical correctness gone mad’ ARE the kind of people who miss the 70’s and the opportunity for a good laugh about darkies, yids, queers, **** & paddies.

Do us all a favour, get used to the fact that casual prejudice isn’t acceptable in the UK anymore or piss off somewhere else, eh?

And before you start bleating, this should apply to everyone, regardless of who you are.

bwaarp
    Free Member

I’m ambivalent to this whole thread. Equal rights….racism?’ **** equal rights…. there I said it…. **** it because as soon as they’re equal, then some of them….white…black…..all races under the sun… invariably look to worsen their least favorite peoples rights whilst bleating about their own.

Heated threads usually entertain me but I found myself bored to hell by this one.

RustySpanner

So what you’re saying is you don’t mind a bit of inequality as long as you’re not the one getting the grief?

it because as soon as they’re equal, then some of them….white…black…..all races under the sun… invariably look to worsen their least favorite peoples rights whilst bleating about their own.

Well, that’s human nature for you.

It’s why we have laws in the first place.

bwaarp
    Free Member

I don’t care anymore, whenever these threads come up you either have racists or the anti-racists going mental and no one in between.

Whenever I see discussions about racism on the television or read them in papers…again…it’s the same **** story. Either I see EDL morons on the BBC or I’m reading in the Guardian about how something like Django Unchained is a racist white mans way of making himself feel better about slavery.

When/If I ever have a lot of money, I’ll buy a big **** library plus laboratory in the middle of Alaska and go all hermit on the world.

Lifer
    Free Member

Labrohermit. They’ll go mad for it in LA.

The massive racists.

RustySpanner

bwaarp – Member

I don’t care anymore, whenever these threads come up you either have racists or the anti-racists going mental and no one in between.

Whenever I see discussions about racism on the television or read them in papers…again…it’s the same **** story.

When/If I ever have a lot of money, I’ll buy a big **** library plus laboratory in the middle of Alaska and go all hermit on the world.

😀

People are different – cultures are different.
    Be a very boring world if we were all the same 🙂

……..or I’m reading in the Guardian about how something like Django Unchained is a racist white mans way of making himself feel better about slavery.

I know what you mean, but idiots will always be idiots.
    Try the Independent 🙂

Nowt wrong with just treating everyone the same, be it with love, indifference or contempt, regardless of who they are though, is there?

aracer
    Free Member

The only people who really complain about ‘poltical correctness gone mad’ ARE the kind of people who miss the 70’s and the opportunity for a good laugh about darkies, yids, queers, **** & paddies.

So that would make Klaus Armstrong-Braun a closet racist then? I wonder if he likes having a good laugh about Polacks?
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/6155603/Council-canteen-changes-name-of-offensive-Spotted-Dick.html

bwaarp
    Free Member

I’m generally colourblind….I might sometimes…being honest with myself…thanks to the mass media feel a bit shifty if someone of a beardy shaved head persuasion sits next to me with a puffer jacket on whilst riding the underground….the same kind of shifty that I feel if I meet a bunch of pissed up white skinheads walking back home from a night out.

But what I’ve realized is that lot’s of people aren’t colorblind, I’ve felt incredibly uncomfortable sometimes in the presence of international or ethnic students because they’ve let it be known that I must come from a privileged background because I’m white. I might have come from a middle class background but I have a lot of white friends that grew up in sink estates and my parents were living just above the line for periods during my childhood.

My girlfriends parents (she’s Filipino and thank god…. highly educated …..so she saw through her parents crap) wanted her to marry a white guy because they’re seen as having money and power…even if they don’t it gives the impression that you do just by being white. For example, some of her friends in the Oxford Filipino Society instantly assume I’ll love their country because it’s so cheap and I’ll obviously be able to afford huge nights out, blow, hookers, personal chefs, cleaning ladies etc etc.

I find this mildly irritating.

P.S. Anyhooo these are just some of my random thoughts that I’m MULLING on about how I FEEL…. that I’ve typed out loud for you guys. Please don’t take offence to them, intellectually I don’t like treating humans differently so please don’t take anything I say out of context.

nealglover
    Free Member

… feel a bit shifty if someone of a beardy shaved head persuasion sits next to me with a puffer jacket on whilst riding the underground

I don’t trust those Scientologists either, proper shifty bunch …

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 144 total)

The topic ‘Rascism – gone just a little too far’ is closed to new replies.