Home Forums Bike Forum Rapid gravel hardtail – Diycarbonbikes?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Rapid gravel hardtail – Diycarbonbikes?
  • reeksy

I’m looking into getting a lightweight hardtail for gravel/xc duties. Not interested in gravel bikes.

Wishing i’d kept my old Highball so started looking for a newer one of those.

Not a great deal of choice in my neck of the woods… but then I saw the diycarbonbikes frames at less than 1/4 the cost of a genuine new frame. Anyone got experience of these?

hopefiendboy

Can’t help you with the actual frame you’ve highlighted but 27.2 seat tube and 71 odd degree seat tube seem a bit odd?

One one whippet owner here..I think it’s great for what it is…

avdave2

Another Whippet owner. Mines rigid run with 27.5 plus or 29. Did the SDW in one on it 2 years ago which it was more than capable of. There’s a long thread on them and it’s pretty much all positive from owners

reeksy

At a whopping £600+ for postage and duty On One can Do One!

avdave2

It’s On One, you won’t have to wait long till it’s on offer :-)

chakaping

The frame you’ve linked is over £500 anyway.

Have you looked into Chinese frames?

Like this – which I found linked from here

wbo
    Free Member

There must be someone in Australia reselling cheap Chinese frames , no doubt ‘designed for Aussie riding’?

reeksy

Generally have to go direct as far as I can see. The only Aussie bike brands are typically bespoke.

chakaping

Well you’re only a stone’s throw from China anyway, eh? ;)

Or alternatively, could you pick up someone’s outdated XC hardtail cheap secondhand and stick a rigid fork on it?

reeksy

Nice links…I’ll have a look. Not looking for rigid but 100/120mm probably.

I’m all over the second and market but there’s not much near me. One good spec Highball… Which if I can flog my aggro frame would leave me spares to build up an old steel frame for my lad who’s been enjoying some gravel rides.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.