Home Forums Bike Forum Rapha Trail Lightweight Jacket views?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rapha Trail Lightweight Jacket views?
  • afrothunder88

Hello all! Currently back up north where the weather is much cooler, and looking at the Rapha Trail Lightweight jacket – https://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/mens-trail-lightweight-jacket/product/TLJ01XXGBH?_gl=1*17ohvd8*_up*MQ..*_ga*MTU4MzgzNjI1NC4xNzI0MzQyOTUw*_ga_55MD2KL44W*MTcyNDM0Mjk1MC4xLjAuMTcyNDM0Mjk1MC4wLjAuMA..&gclid=Cj0KCQjww5u2BhDeARIsALBuLnPZ-F7WIKm09z-UJhSjnktKP8pKt8AD6lObXYEEo4z1rhtt32jTpq4aAphHEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Apologies for the horrible link.

anyone got one? Particularly like the build in strap for putting it on the frame when not needed.

Or alternative options around £80?

Cheers

iainc

I have one, in dark blue. I had it on walking the dog earlier. It’s a lovely light jacket, very windproof and shower resistant. Never worn it on the bike, but would be a decent addition for cool evenings or cafe stops.

fathomer

I’ve got one, also in dark blue, does what it says on the tin. Windproof, shower resistant, pretty breathable, packs down nice and small, lightweight and looks good.

MoreCashThanDash

Some deals on the less attractive colours on that link. Very tempting.

Rona

I have the ladies version from last year’s sale. It’s a really lovely jacket – well-finished and, as others have said, windproof and packs down (easily) very small. I’ve not worn it on the bike – just for walking, and I’ve been lucky enough that it hasn’t rained, so can’t comment on that. I’ve only worn it when it’s been warm – it’s so thin that it wouldn’t be useful to me if there were any sort of nip in the air, but I generally run cold.

radbikebro

I got one in brown from SportsPursuit for pretty cheap – the colour isn’t too bad. The fit is lovely, it packs down very small and straps very easily to your bike frame. I’ve worn it in the pub after a ride and it’s kept me nicely warm during the summer, but echo the points that it definitely won’t keep you warm when it’s really cold.

It’s shower proof and really nicely windproof so if you do get wet you won’t get too cold. All that said, I wouldn’t like it’s chances if I had a crash in it because it’s super lightweight.

iainc

on the warmth front, I’m just in from lunchtime dog walk, and had it on over a SS t-shirt.  Air temp is 12 degrees and it’s blowing a gale. I was plenty warm with it zipped right up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.