Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 116 total)
  • Rant… SILLY BINT!
  • Shibboleth
    Free Member

So I’m driving along at about 25mph, and this SILLY BINT decides to overtake 2 parked cars. I hit the curb trying to get out of her way but she smashed my wing mirror.

She stopped, so I reversed back to her where she accused me of going TOO FAST! Told me that she wasn’t “accepting responsibility”, and that you can EASILY get 2 cars through the gap!!! NOT WHEN YOU LEAVE A 4ft GAP YOU STUPID BINT!!!

So we exchange insurance details, and I spend HOURS on the phone to the insurance company because she repeatedly REFUSES to accept responsibility! I have to give a full statement, send off all the photos and my insurers then spend weeks arguing the toss with SILLY BINT’S insurers!!

THEN! Yesterday, I get a phonecall off HER DAD!!! Saying her insurance is going to go up to 800 quid and she’ll lose all of her 500 quid excess, so can I take it to a dealership and get it fixed for £150!!

No courtesy car or anything, he even suggested I could WAIT while they fixed it, only a COUPLE OF F*****G HOURS!!!!!!! Cheeky f*****r

I told him to sling his hook, she should learn to accept responsibility for her actions, and she should at least HAVE THE BALLS to ring me herself!!!!!

Am I being unreasonable??? This silly cow has tried EVERYTHING to blame me, shirk responsibility, and now it’s obvious she’s gonna get stung, she’s GETTING HER DAD TO TRY AND BAIL HER OUT!!!!!!!!

(soz, just needed to get that off my chest…. grrrrrrrrrrr)

Rickos
    Free Member

Good one. Best rant for a while.
    Even in the wrong forum for extra points.

bobbyg81
    Free Member

You are being perfectly reasonable. She may think twice about driving like a dick again!

wwaswas

as above, wrong forum gives it that extra impact.

scruff
    Free Member

‘Bint’ is a sexist derogatory term used to demean wimmin.

BruceWee

I think you lose a couple of points for including a photo in a rant

trail_rat
    Free Member

its two fold but still her fault imo

she was leaving room incase a car door swung open BUT

she was encroching onto the other side of the carridgeway into the path of an oncoming car

thus guilty m’lord ….

and your being reasonable.

wallop

“lose all of her £500 excess”

I don’t get it.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Do “Bints” have balls, usually?

MSP

So I’m driving along at about 25mph

maybe if you had been watching the road instead of looking at your speedo the “accident” could have been avoided.

user-removed
    Free Member

Good going; capitals, swear filter avoidance, derogatory sexist language, but impact lessened by the apology at the end.

FWIW, blokes do this too – coming out of a narrow culdesac with Mrs Removed driving last week, a guy coming the other way tried to squeeze through a non-existent gap where a van was parked with two wheels on the pavement (his side of the road).

Mrs Removed managed to get two wheels onto the kerb and he just missed us. He screeched to a halt and began waving his arms around but he must have seen the colour of my face (a fetching balckish / red my wife tells me) as he roared off quick-smart…

I do wonder where we’d be if she’d borked the suspension going up on the kerb though – £££s worth off I imagine.

z1ppy

Nice rant, but you loose points for being far to concise and taking the time to show us the photo but do get an extra point from me for the wrong forum…

7/10

TBH I surprised you managed to get your insurers to agree it wasn’t your fault, normally they just seem to capitulate cause they simply can’t be bothered to spend money fighting, good man!

clubber
    Free Member

I guess the key question is

Did she have any tattoos?

😀

joao3v16
    Free Member

My opinion would be divided on this.

On the one hand, the human/compassionate part of me would be saying “fair enough if he’s willing to cover the cost to get it fixed privately, no need to involve the insurers, bit of a wait, but what the heck” etc etc

On the other hand … “it’s her own fault, let her suffer the consequences and maybe she’ll become a better/safer driver” etc etc

What to do ? …

neninja
    Free Member

She is reaping her own karma.

Now it’s been progressed with the insurers she will have to record the accident on future insurance quotes which will increase her premium anyway.

If she’s keen to keep her premium lower and avoid paying the excess get a quote for the work but with an extra £150 for the inconvenience and cash up front. Win win that way. She learns an expensive lesson but slightly less expensive and you make some cash.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

No tattoos, no balls, and no no claims bonus… Bonus! Sorry for the wrong forum faux pas, I’m obviously still seething…

njee20
    Free Member

I think you lose a couple of points for including a photo in a rant

Hmmm, points lost for a relevant photo. A well placed photo of a dead kitten could have strengthened the rant further.

andycs

Just get the £150 in cash, then get mirror from Wingmirrorman {don’t know the web address, just Google it} pay loads less for mirror, fit yourself and keep the balance!

D0NK

Good one. Best rant for a while.

+1

wrecker
    Free Member

I think the swear filter avoidance indicates an amount of pre-meditation and awareness so points lost for that. Let the hate flow man.
    She absolutely deserves all she gets, you’re being entirely reasonable. Is it too late to put in a whiplash claim?

matt_outandabout

Good rant – random capitalisation, overuse of exclamation marks, innapropriate derogartory terms. 8/10

(yes, she is learning a hard lesson in life about accepting responsibility and sorting things out. Reasonable that it is sorted properly, and she as old enough to drive should also be old enough to take the responsibility to sort it – I wonder what she would have said if it was an injury, a cyclist or major damage to car? We had an issue many years back with an accident on a narrow lane – similar in that mrs_oab stopped, had damage from wall on nearside she was so close, the other car managed to skid full length of our car damaging every panel and only stopped 10′ beyond – and over the halfway of the road. But is was ‘our fault’ according to her and father when we went to insurers. We lived 500m away and had popped back to take pictures of skid marks, glass etc and had exact layout of road…)

Shibboleth
    Free Member

She had a … What’s the current PC term for a mentally deficient individual??… who was having some sort of panic attack in the car. AND she was smoking… Both situations were obviously distracting her.

If she’d held he hands up there and then, I’d have helped her fix it, but she’s just tried to avoid responsibility. Now she’s got nowhere to run, she wants to minimise the cost to her. Shes just a ****.

Unfortunately, no kittens, window lickers or bints were hurt in this incident.

trail_rat
    Free Member

of course folks assume wing mirrors to be cheap

mind my mate reversed his near new merc c220 coupe and cliped a fence post which tore it off ….

heated mirror , indicator and puddle light + colour coded … nearly 1k to replace the thing

kimbers

well you are 100% in the right, and itw as a good rant
    although bint is indeed a bit of an unecessary term imo

however
    i quite like the idea that hes willing to get it fixed privately

if only more people did this then life would be a lot simpler, as long as the works done properly i cant see that id have a problem with it
    infact if it was me id get him to by the wing mirror fit it myself and charge hm for labour

after all wont your premiums be affected too?

as for the courtesy car thing im sure that your time isnt that precious that you could survive without a car for a few hours if your really desperate to get somewhere you could always cycle 😉

Shibboleth
    Free Member

as for the courtesy car thing im sure that your time isnt that precious that you could survive without a car for a few hours if your really desperate to get somewhere you could always cycle

Do you have any idea how important I am????

wwaswas

If the insurance companies are involved then leave it with them. Other than her loss of excess I can;t see there’s much to gain by settling it privately.

And you potentially have a lot to lose if they start playing up again after you agree a private deal.

wellhung
    Free Member

10/10 from me just for using the word bint.

yunki
    Free Member

looks like your poor road reading ability has left you falling back on sexist bullying to avoid admitting that you messed up..

well done

Solo
    Free Member

The STW Forum..

Here to Help
    😉

steveh

If it was me I’d offer to sort it myself for 350 if it was 200 worth of repair. That covers your hassle, you get something out of it and don’t lose out.

binners

****ing Outstanding! If I did have an issue – and I’m nit-picking here – you’re grammar is too good. Is it too late to edit out half the full stops? For me, then its a 10. Gold Star anyway though 😀

wwaswas

you’re grammar is too good

🙂

stgeorge

Why hasn’t whiplash been brought into this?

Bint is good tho 😀

Scamper
    Free Member

Docked a few points as your rant is reasonably justified and you are not in the wrong.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

I think you captured the mood beautifully.
    Well done!

Don’t forget to report it to the police, as her insurers will really start being twunts if they realise you haven’t.

avdave2

I hit the curb trying to get out of her way but she smashed my wing mirror.

You’ll want to allow fro the cost of checking and maybe re doing your tracking.

nuke

Good rant 😀 Personally I let him do it privately.

I had this about a month ago but it all turned out rather amicably…a white van man did exactly the same to me and took off my part of my wing mirror. He didn’t stop so I turned the car around and followed him. 3 miles up the road I caught up with him and got him to stop. Initally he gave the excuse that Shib got about wide enough gap but I pointed out it was my right of way and I’d call the police for him not stopping at scene of accident and he fortunately changed his tune. Turned out he owned a gargae 🙄 and he had a brand new wing mirror colour matched up and fitted for me in less than a week.

bigyinn
    Free Member

If its any consolation, I had a similar incident and ended up with 5 points and £185 in fines, plus a visit to the magistrates court. So dont moan to me that you’re being inconvenienced etc!

*note to self always report to police and give insurance details, even if its clearly not your fault*

DezB
    Free Member

You hit the curb? When you have right of way – drive straight at the bastards (or indeed bints) make them do the bloody avoiding. Bastards.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

That’s a point, my tyre is starting to scrub on the outside edge from where I hit the curb and I’ve had a slow puncture ever since…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘Rant… SILLY BINT!’ is closed to new replies.