Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 373 total)
  • Ramadan Mubarak
  • fin25
    Free Member

You’re reading it, does that make you a dullard?

gonzy
    Free Member

Hate Muslims? I just dislike religion[i]Muslims[/i] and religious circle jerks.

FIFY

your posting history would suggest otherwise. it seems you only seem to comment of stuff relating to one particular religion and when you do its quite often derogatory or you’re trying to stir up hated from others

But I did manage to goad out of you, your rather strong blame ridden feelings for the west – coupled with your accusation that I’m a zionist because I support a two state solution in Palestine. It could possibly be viewed that it is you that is the one filled with hate.[/quote]

i may be blaming the west but its based on fact…and its pretty much widely supported by a fair few users on here…its just you, ninfan and jambalaya who see it differently…where you and ninfan are provocatively insulting in some your comments at least jambalaya, for all his delusions, shows a bit of respect towards other faiths.
    lets not do the palestine 2 state solution on here…youve proven in the past that youre a zionist advocate with your views and when you get asked any question you refuse to answer them and descend into your typical whataboutery before you start accusing people of being anti-Semitic because they choose to criticise the Israeli government policy…which in the past you’ve accused me of and then gone quiet when i asked you to back up your accusation

once again youre trying to derail the thread and in doing so you’re openly admitting that you’re doing it deliberately…so that out of spite because of my religion or my heritage.

once again i wonder why i am even wasting my time on you

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I can’t believe that you are denying being a pro-Zionist anti-Palestinian Islamophobe.

Who would have thought it?

Hey Ernie, weren’t you and Junky banging on about the overuse of the term antisemitism?

Pot meet kettle 😀

i may be blaming the west but its based on fact…

😆

Does Gonzy go on everyone else’s threads telling them they’re shit because they’re not a Muslim?
    Why do you feel the need to do it then, Tom?

I forgot that a forum with relatively open rules is actually a private space as opposed to what their name implies…a public forum. Forgive me. I mean, if you want to circle jerk about how great your religion is without interference – and how it gives you empathy for the poor…. it would be great if there was some kind of private messaging system. I can’t think what that might be called. E-mail?

As was said by Hoffer – “The vanity of the selfless, even those who practice utmost humility, is boundless.”

fin25
    Free Member

It’s not my religion, I’m a Buddhist.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Pot meet kettle

So you think it’s like the pot calling the kettle black because I am also denying being a pro-Zionist anti-Palestinian Islamophobe.

I love it when people get so agitated and wound up that without thinking they spurt out nonsensical gibberish.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I forgot that a forum with relatively open rules is actually a private space as opposed to what their name implies…a public forum. Forgive me. I mean, if you want to circle jerk about how great your religion is without interference – and how it gives you empathy for the poor…. it would be great if there was some kind of private messaging system. I can’t think what that might be called. E-mail?

Equally there’s no requirement for you (or woppitt or whoever) to come on these threads and be a prick.

gonzy
    Free Member

Why do you feel the need to do it then, Tom?

obviously hes a lonely little keyboard warrior. he needs to go on other peoples threads and be insensitive, rude, arrogant, a general ass-hat and trouble maker. its the only way he gets noticed…it must give him a sense of self worth and importance…helps him feels manly for 15 minutes

i actually pity him

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Equally there’s no requirement for you (or woppitt or whoever) to come on these threads and be a prick.

Considering how many people have been silenced over the centuries, to give religion the privilege of it’s historical unchallenged smug self-righteousness, I consider it my duty to have some fun whenever I see it.

Never been to a country where if you say anything about religion, you might get lynched have we? So I couldn’t give two shits who it upsets, religious insularity is the reason why countries like the Philippines are basket cases.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Really, which countries have I been to?

MoreCashThanDash

It would be the polite, grown up thing

Wow! You must be new here, right?

Though I agree with you, one of the more annoying aspects of this and other forums.

gonzy
    Free Member

say what you like tom…if it makes you feel a little bit bigger
    i doubt you’d have the balls to say the stuff you type face to face…so keep hiding behind your keyboard

i think everyone else should ignore Tom…his attitude and opinions are not welcome here.
    ignore him and soon he will disappear and take his islamophobic crap with him

theocb
    Free Member

Easy now Gonzy, you will lose those Gold stars rightfully earned.. big chief is a watching my friend.
    Just concentrate on the last few hours of the day and you’ll be fine

I don’t think Gonzy wants religion to have special treatment on the forum to be fair.

hora
    Free Member

I bumped into my old best friend in Huddersfield recently. He told me how he was now very religious (his Dad was a Iman/sadly passed away).

His faith, his happiness touched me and made me feel very happy for him. As we were close when we were younger.

To see his passion, his love for Islam made me grin.

Sorry if that offends some. Faith can be a beautiful thing. It’s when it’s subverted by man with an ulterior motive that it becomes wrong. Just because you don’t believe/have faith shouldn’t mean you should sling crap/laugh at or be disrespectful to others who don’t share your views. Sometimes I think grumpy Atheists can be zealous.

Peace.

Cougar

I don’t think Gonzy wants religion to have special treatment on the forum to be fair.

<mod>
    Just as well, cos it’s not happening.

However, what is going to happen is I’m going to start moderating thread disruption more aggressively cos I’m getting very bored of it now and it’s making this forum not a very nice place at times.

Kindly stay on topic; if you want to debate Palestine, start another thread.
    </mod>

chewkw
    Free Member

gonzy,

Out of interest why do you have to announce to the world (interweb is the world) that you are fasting?

😛

khani
    Free Member

Because this is a forum, where people talk about things..
    Maybe?

theocb
    Free Member

Just as well, cos it’s not happening.

We can agree to disagree :0) It’s my ‘Belief’ that special treatment is being given/requested to religion on this thread.
    Gonzy doesn’t want any special treatment for religion as if it is pitied by the masses
    NHS Info on fasting
    Some helpful tips on the NHS website for those trying to fast and don’t forget the David Icke forums too.

chewkw
    Free Member

khani – Member
    Because this is a forum, where people talk about things..
    Maybe?

But that will also mean open to opposing views which might not help fasting is it not?

fin25
    Free Member

I get your point chewkw, but just lately it seems impossible to have a thread that doesn’t descend into nastiness and arguing. We know that some of you don’t like religion, or Muslims, or whatever. It might be nice, just for a while, if we could just stop going round and round with the same argument.
    This forum used to be a right laugh, but I’m finding less and less to laugh about on here.

hora
    Free Member

If we all had chewkw take on this there’d be no point starting topics.

chewkw
    Free Member

fin25 – Member
    I get your point chewkw, but just lately it seems impossible to have a thread that doesn’t descend into nastiness and arguing. We know that some of you don’t like religion, or Muslims, or whatever. It might be nice, just for a while, if we could just stop going round and round with the same argument.
    This forum used to be a right laugh, but I’m finding less and less to laugh about on here.

It’s inevitable this will happen because we talking about or presenting two very opposing views where there is no middle ground. Both beliefs are natural counter balance to each other hence when the topic is presented you have massively different views.

It is not a matter of one being rude to another etc but rather it is logical for both to disagree with each other as that is their natural state. i.e. Creation Vs. Science.

hora – Member
    If we all had chewkw take on this there’d be no point starting topics

Oh c’mon … that cannot and will not happen. Fact! 😆

enfht
    Free Member

i doubt you’d have the balls to say the stuff you type face to face…so keep hiding behind your keyboard

Islamic thread with veiled threats of violence. Awkward. 😯

hora
    Free Member

Why? Ever tried this yourself? I imagine you’d be abit tetchy at folk on the net too.

bencooper
    Free Member

That’s not a threat of violence. That’s a statement that people can be much bigger dicks when they have the anonymity of a username on a forum, than they’d ever dare to be in a face-to-face conversation.

chewkw
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Why? Ever tried this yourself? I imagine you’d be abit tetchy at folk on the net too.

Who are you responding to? Me or enfht.

bencooper – Member
    That’s not a threat of violence. That’s a statement that people can be much bigger dicks when they have the anonymity of a username on a forum, than they’d ever dare to be in a face-to-face conversation.

Crikey … who is saying what … (shake head continue to think of what to cook for dinner … while watching Grand Design and perhaps play Slither )

bencooper
    Free Member

I wasn’t replying to you, dude 😉

gonzy
    Free Member

Chewkw do you have a problem with me announcing on the interweb that it’s Ramadan and I’m fasting?
    Maybe I’m doing it to raise awareness and understanding for those who wish to know more.
    Why do you post the stuff you do on the interweb?
    There’s a way of expressing an opposing opinion that doesn’t have to be offensive or inappropriate….its called being civil…but sadly that is becoming less of a norm as more people take to a trolling style…anyone would think this was a discussion board off the Daily Mail’s website
    I’m not asking for special treatment or pity either….I don’t mind a debate but when there are some who will try to prevent this with their attempts at derailling the topic or trying to stir up trouble for their own amusement… I think it’s those who do this that deserve the pity
    Toms behaviour on here is to stir it up and cause trouble. I reckon it’s because he is an islamophobe. He’s demonstrated that on plenty of occasions in his comments on other threads.
    He’s even deliberately started threads to try and goad people into an argument…he’s even admitted to doing this on here
    But like I said I really do pity him..

chewkw
    Free Member

bencooper – Member
    I wasn’t replying to you, dude

😆 Okay, as you are and continue with your interesting conversation.

(back to thinking what to cook for dinner … )

Cougar

We can agree to disagree :0) It’s my ‘Belief’ that special treatment is being given/requested to religion on this thread.

If you’d care to look back on my output on previous religion threads you’ll quickly realise the ludicrousness of your belief.

As for “requested,” absolutely categorically not.

Where I’m coming from is that someone’s stuck their head above the parapet to have a discussion on a topic most of us have little or no exposure to, and many are against from various angles. I think it’s more beneficial, educational, interesting, to actually discuss that rather than yelling “yes but what about the Ottoman empire?!” over someone who’s chosen to try and engage.

Personally, I abhor organised religion. But I find it fascinating to talk about. Shouting someone down achieves nothing other than alienation.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Hmmm, unfortunately not all Muslims are like Gonzy, had one on our wing today asking for a lighter from another prisoner. This was at lockup at noon. Can’t see him seeing it through.

Cougar

And Gonzy, for all that I’ve just said, you’re a credit to your faith (and for balance there’s a number of Xtians on here also, Ro5ey leaps to mind). I love discussing this stuff with both of you because it’s always civil and interesting.

bencooper
    Free Member

Personally, I abhor organised religion. But I find it fascinating to talk about. Shouting someone down achieves nothing other than alienation

Agreed. I’m an atheist and I’ve said before that I think the world would be better if religion had never been invented*, but I still find it fascinating and i think everyone has the right to believe what they like as long as it doesn’t harm others.

I also think this forum is very white, male, and middle class, and so having a wider range of people in here is a good thing.

*and it was Christians who went all more-offended-than-thou when I said that.

gonzy
    Free Member

Enhft – how is that a veiled threat of violence?
    Like bencooper said it’s a statement that people can be much bigger dicks when they have the anonymity of a username on a forum, than they’d ever dare to be in a face-to-face conversation.

chewkw
    Free Member

gonzy – Member
    Chewkw do you have a problem with me announcing on the interweb that it’s Ramadan and I’m fasting?

It’s like sticking your head into the lion’s den in the hope that the lion is not hungry innit?

I have no problem whatsoever with you announcing whatever you wish but then if you cannot take the heat, vice versa, then the fun is over.

You have to defend your views and so do they.

The more engagement there is the more interesting the thread will be otherwise it’s just the obvious.

gonzy
    Free Member

Thanks Cougar. Apologies if I went off on one at you before….that’s the toxic effect Toms behaviour has had on this thread

gonzy
    Free Member

Chewkw – Yeah but some people can’t engage in a civil discussion without resorting to slander and insults…I don’t wish to lower myself to that level

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

bencooper – Member

Interesting that he should interpret it as “a threat of violence” when most people are likely to see it as a reference to intellectual cowardice.

But then of course he still desperately wants to suggest that any cordiality extended to gonzy on this thread is possibly due to “the fear of violence”. So he has an obvious agenda.

Cougar

unfortunately not all Muslims are like Gonzy,

Of course they aren’t, they’re all people. Not all Muslims / Christians / Men / Vegetarians / Lesbians / Cucumbers are like (something you do or don’t have a problem with).

Religion gives plenty of people convenient excuses to be variously horrible to folk who aren’t like them. Whether they turn out that way or not is a combination of a number of factors. Where it gets dangerous is groupthink, a community where everyone has been brought up not to disagree with each other; where potentially the entire populace doesn’t believe in an idea but they all think everyone else does so no-one’s prepared to suggest change.

Islam is visibly quite scary to the West in this manner, because factions of it is still killing people who dare to challenge the status quo. But “all” Muslims, or even arguably “most” Muslims is just lazy rhetoric from people who simply don’t like brown people.

“unfortunately not all Muslims are like Gonzy” – no, they aren’t. But is he (she?) representative or unusal?

chewkw
    Free Member

gonzy – Member
    Chewkw – Yeah but some people can’t engage in a civil discussion without resorting to slander and insults…I don’t wish to lower myself to that level

That’s the nature of things when you are presenting hot topic like religion or politics coz they will remain hot forever …

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Islam is visibly quite scary to the West in this manner, because factions of it is still killing people who dare to challenge the status quo.

Well that’s not true. “The West” as excellent relations with the overwhelming majority of “Muslim countries”, one is even a NATO member.

What people find quite scary are armed people who go around killing other people.

And for that reason many people find the West quite scary.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 373 total)

The topic ‘Ramadan Mubarak’ is closed to new replies.