Viewing 13 posts - 361 through 373 (of 373 total)
  • Ramadan Mubarak
  • PJM1974
    Free Member

@gonzy

Sorry to read this, I hope you’re fully healed very soon.

I’m not 100% sure how this works, I’ve a couple of Muslim friends who’ve had to break their fast during Ramadan, but they’ve explained that they will resume fasting again at a later date. Is it something whereby it’s down to the individual to do on their own, or is dispensation from an Imam required, or desirable?

gonzy
    Free Member

thanks Frankenstein

PJM1974 – no dispensation is required. women abstain from fasting when they are suffering from period pains. the same applies for anyone who has to stop for medical reasons. any days you miss you simply make up for them at a later date. also for example the German footballer Mesut Ozil…he has chosen to abstain from fasting during Euro 2016 and has said he will make up for them ata later date…many other muslim footballers do fast and play…that is down to personal choice as it can affect a persons job they make the final decision

it becomes frowned upon when someone chooses not to fast for no apparent reason other than they simply cannot be bothered or didnt feel like doing it and say they will do them later on…people who do this do it because they dont like to suffer the hardship during the longer summer days and decide to do them when the days are shorter.

ideally i would have carried on fasting but i have to take 8 antibiotic pills a day and cant do this on an empty stomach as the side effects arent nice. also the doctor told me that i got seen just at the right time…if i’d left it any longer i would have ended up in A&E and the worst case scenario is that it gives me sepsis

PJM1974
    Free Member

Thank you for clarifying, gonzy.

having to swallow that many pills a day is going to be a massive ballache at the very best of times, I sincerely hope you’re on the mend very soon.

Cougar

Ugh. Get well soon.

How do you reconcile the infection with,

Detoxification Stage 3 (Day 8 to Day 15)

During fasting, the body’s healing process is at optimum efficiency.

Not trolling, genuine question.

gonzy
    Free Member

Not trolling, genuine question.

fair question. the detox process works for a lot of people and has worked for me in the past…sadly not this time. the infection is too far gone for it not to need medical treatment

i was unlucky enough to be bitten by something nasty

gonzy
    Free Member

my antibiotics finished on Saturday…so i’m back on the fasting.
    7 days missed so they’ll have to be made up for at some point. weird thing is i didn’t feel hungry while fasting but while i wasn’t fasting….i was constantly craving food.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

Eid Mubarak! Just caught back up with this thread and sorry to hear about the infection Gonzy. My wife made it through the month fasting and like the previous couple of years I’m still in awe of her perserverance- 3hrs commuting each day whilst holding down a very senior role at work. I fasted with her for 5 days on my lite version!

gonzy
    Free Member

thanks Bennyboy1. its been a testing month with the long days and having to juggle late night prayers with a lack of sleep and chasing after 3 over excited kids…4 if you include me!!
    we had a good day yesterday as a family and managed to find the time to visit family on my side and the wifes…so all was good.
    it was also good that although some people started Ramadan a day later than others…it seems pretty much that everyone celebrated Eid on the same day!

i just need to now find the time to make up for the days that i didnt fast….but my wife was also in the same position for the final week for different reasons…so we can make up for them together at least.

got my first ride scheduled for this weekend…went and stared longingly at the bike last night and all that was going through my mind was “hello bikey…oh how ive missed you!” 😆

allthegear
    Free Member

Eid Mubarak and huge respect, gonzy!

My one day was more than enough thank you very much…

No idea how that feels like for 30 days.

Rachel

jambalaya
    Free Member

Eid Mubarak.

As an aside Singapore had the most broad minded holdiay schedule I’ve ever seen with public holdiays for Christian, Hindu and Islamic holy days Eid included.

PJM1974
    Free Member

And a belated Eid Mubarak from me, too.

I hope that the festivities don’t keep you off the bike for too long… 😉

gonzy
    Free Member

thank you all

I hope that the festivities don’t keep you off the bike for too long…

back on it this sunday 😀

My one day was more than enough thank you very much…

you have my utmost respect for dong it for a day Rachel 😉

As an aside Singapore had the most broad minded holdiay schedule I’ve ever seen with public holdiays for Christian, Hindu and Islamic holy days Eid included.

my brother lives in Singapore so i get to hear about all that every year!!

teasel
    Free Member

dong it for a day Rachel

My puerile little mind laughed at that.

Sorry…

Viewing 13 posts - 361 through 373 (of 373 total)

The topic ‘Ramadan Mubarak’ is closed to new replies.