Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Living and working in Paris
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

I think they work on the basis of factual accuracy.

Now you are taking the Mickey ! I’ve had quite a lot of dealings with the IMF and I am told they are allegedly more business like than the OECD which would be quite a shocker 😯 However, touche all the same and I note you used the caveat think, smart 🙂

RoganJosh
    Free Member

I live/work here.

First came here thought it was rubbish, purely cus I did rubbish stuff, once I’d learnt the Lang and met people and knew the blokes down the fruit and veg and the coffee shops it all became nice.

Paris is ace and given me a real affinity to France, when I go to London it really doesn’t have the same appeal. Yes tramps live here and they piss against walls blah blah blah but who cares, soak it up while you’re tearing your baguette and walking sock less through the park. C’est Paris! C’est la vie!

If you do get over here and want a coffee with an English bloke get in touch.

footflaps

Rogan Josh – Member

I live/work here.

But can you get a decent Rogan Josh?

globalti
    Free Member

Looks like RJ has made that cultural leap, which I never made!

cchris2lou

As I frenchman living in North Kent, I’m not sure I would want to live in Paris.
    As someone said above, parisien people are not liked by the other French.

Riding wise, Fontaineblau is supposed to be really good.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@cchris – we’ve looked around Fontainbleu a few interesting rocky gullies etc, all I have seen around Paris area are lycra clad xc whippets. Optimistic about @orange’s area which is only 25 mins away when traffic is running smoothly. Parisian’s do certainly have a sense of superiority wrt other French so I can see that doesn’t go that well, we went to a very funny one man show “how to be Parisian in 1 hour” where he showed a map with Paris in one colour and the rest of France in another, he said; this is Paris and this is Provence 😀

@footflaps – not really, local curry house is always excited to see me and they are happy to spice things up as most Parisians like it really bland and creamy. Best for curry is to cook at home using spices, mixes bought in the UK

@globalti I was sorry to read your story, I think it’s possibly a good example of how speaking the language too well can be a disadvantage and as a repeat ex-pat I’ve learnt having a hobby/activity is really important for meeting people

DrJ

as a repeat ex-pat I’ve learnt having a hobby/activity is really important for meeting people

#jambatruth

Really makes a difference – not least because when you show up to a meeting of the stamp collecting club you know ahead of time that the vocabulary will be about stamps and not the random nonsense you will hear in a general social environment.

cchris2lou
    cchris2lou

And staggered holiday in France are designed to protect the Province against the Parisien.

jambalaya
    Free Member

DrJ thanks

cchris – thanks also, that’s not a site I have come across. Below are some past courses for the Rando Jean Racine (who I now know is the “French Shakespear”) around Foret Haute Chevreus (best I’d found till now) from uttawaga vtt

40km 2015
    40km 2013

cchris2lou

Melivelo is very much a closed forum, but as a guest you can read it all apart from the classifieds which is for members only.
    I have heard of the Jean Racine but never rode it.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Melivelo is very much a closed forum

How very French, perhaps you can only join if you went to Polytechnic 😐

cchris2lou

not at all . just trying to get people who contribute regularly .

not sure my degree would get me to Polytechnic .

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Living and working in Paris’ is closed to new replies.