Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Raleigh Ultra Burner
  • BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Don’t remember the Ultra Burner even being that good; box fresh Hutch Racing or PK Ripper I’d understand

fortyonethirty
    Free Member

none of the burner range were rated at the time,something to do with the raleigh tag,never had the street cred of hutch,skyway,GT or mongoose even.its all about the image…..hang on a mo

bigblackshed

That’s an early one. Silly money. I had one but without the Kashimax seat. Araya rims, Suntour hubs and stem, Dia Compe brakes and crank.

The geometry was all over the place on all of the Burner range except the Pro Burner. They used the jig from the Chopper but turned it upside down. That’s why the head angle was all wrong.

To be 14 again.

brooess
    Free Member

A fool and his money are easily parted! That’s nostalgia for you…

tenfoot

3k. Lordy.

My brother had a silver and blue one. Perhaps he should have kept it.

I had the more ubiquitous black and gold version. They weren’t great bikes to be honest. The back wheel on mine always looked a bit wonky, as if the frame had been twisted. I was always very envious of people with proper bmx’s as the burner was just playing at being a bmx. Mongoose, kuwahara, pk ripper, diamond back, even gt, were the real deal.

Kevevs
    Free Member

That’s insane. It’s not about the bike, it’s about what it means to that particular (now rich) person. Never underestimate the power or value of nostalgia. That guy envied that bike or the people that owned it when he was a kid and now want’s to prove the 12 year old child he used to be wrong. or something. I reckon there’s a load of psychobobbles in that purchase. I’d love to have a blue raleigh boxer, but **** me, i’d only give £20 quid for it. Move on!

carlos
    Free Member

. I was always very envious of people with proper bmx’s as the burner was just playing at being a bmx. Mongoose, kuwahara, pk ripper, diamond back, even gt, were the real deal.

Riding a Burner didn’t stop me from whooping their butts on the local tracks and in the woods.

Don’t remember much about the bike other than it was White & Blue, Heavy and made me smile a lot in my young days 😀

carlosg
    Free Member

Crikey and I thought the standard nos burner that finished a few days back for £719 went for a crazy price. The Burner range has a massive following these days , a bloke on my post round has 15 of them all restored to mint condition .They all live on display in his attic and never get ridden.

TooTall
    Free Member

I’ve just won a Casio VL Tone on EBay. Can’t wait to get it!

I always wanted an Aero Pro Burner – a mate had one and it was the best of all Burners.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Raleigh Ultra Burner’ is closed to new replies.