Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Racing. The training, right now I can't face it…
  • oldgit
    Free Member

For another year. I don’t mind the miles, I love that bit, but that little bit extra you have to do to make it worthwhile turning up!
    Got a CX race in a few weeks and road racing starts in March.

Wouldn’t it be nice if you could get race fit by pootling around the Chilterns at weekends on an Audax bike.

weeksy

You can, but not competitive.

titusrider
    Free Member

Hence why i don’t race, being obligated to ‘train’ is a sure fire way to take the fun out of bikes

(for me) 🙂

jam-bo

So don’t.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Rule 5

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Rule 5?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

http://www.velominati.com
    Home of the Rules

crazy-legs

That’s why I stopped racing, it was taking the fun out of it. That and the fact that I was destined to be forever floating around the upper echelons of 2nd/lower ranks of 1st Cat, never really winning anything of note and having to do a lot of riding to remain relatively competitive.

Was fine when I did shift work and had loads of time to ride. Now I remain a lowly little 3rd Cat and usually do 3 or 4 crits a year at most, maybe with one road race just for fun. It’s much better – just enjoying sitting in with no massive aspirations of being competitive!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Racing. The training, right now I can't face it…’ is closed to new replies.