Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Racing peeps and home contents insurance
  • cinnamon_girl

Is racing excluded from cover? For example would accidental cover provide cover if you’re (closed circuit) crit racing? Or a sportive?

Thanks. 🙂

IHN

It’ll be in the policy wording, but at a guess a crit would not be covered, but a sportive would (as it’s not a race)

cinnamon_girl

OK thanks. Wondering if there’s a go-to insurance company then. Or should bikes be on a stand-alone policy?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If you’re talking about insuring against a smashed bike, check your policy wording.
    Last time I snapped one there was a clause relating to no cover for “sports equipment in use” and I got nowt.
    Some will cover you though….

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Or should bikes be on a stand-alone policy?

No. It’s stupidly expensive. I cover all our bikes for about £20 extra on the contents policy, separately they’d be £100 each….

bigmick25
    Free Member

Pedalcover, covers just about everything at home away and includes events.
    Also great people to deal with.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks Pete. When I had my roadie accident I was covered with my policy for accidental damage. However this is for my son who’s into crits where crashes happen, also sportives where apparently the standard of riding varies.

TiRed

RSA cover mine for racing as well as training and theft. I’ve claimed for two of those three (yet to need the racing).

cinnamon_girl

Thanks all, very helpful. 8)

legend
    Free Member

bigmick25 – Member

Pedalcover, covers just about everything at home away and includes events.

You should really read your documents. Crits, Road Races, Downhill and Enduro are not covered by Pedalcover

bigmick25
    Free Member

You should really read your documents. Crits, Road Races, Downhill and Enduro are not covered by Pedalcover

that’s why I said “about” everything ,You should read peoples posts correctly.

weeksy

just about everything at home away and includes events.

However the OP was specificially asking about the exact things that are excluded.

Tracey

Ours dosent cover for Enduro or DH, however I could get cover for Enduro with Yellow Jersey but I thought it was expensive.

Kamakazie

Pedalcover do cover Enduro iirc, just not Gravity Enduro.
    Not a particularly straightforward distinction there though 🙂

darrenspink
    Free Member

Mountain Bike Insurance

240py for a 3k bike.

(racing included)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Racing peeps and home contents insurance’ is closed to new replies.