• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by dcl.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Racing 29er tyres!! HELP DAUGHTER IS RACING TOMORROW!
  • dcl

I know this thread has been done loads of times but can’t really find an answer to my problem.
    I have just realised that on her 29er my daughter has been riding the summer tyres that are bontys!!
    The weather in the west country is slightly wet and so have the choice of rocket ron, racing ralph and Maxxis Ikon from my garage collection! Only 1 of each. Other option is to get one of my Rocket tons to make a pair.
    Has anyone raced these is these lovely wet conditions!
    Any advise would be gratefully received.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Been out on wet/damp trails today on Ikons no probs at all never cease to surprise me what they cope with ,although I suspect the Rons would be more reliable grip wise?.

rickon
    Free Member

If its wet the Rons are the only option. They’re probably faster than IKON’s and RaRas too.

benji
    Free Member

Rons are my go to race tyre at the minute, whether on a mtb or a cross bike.

dcl

Rons it is and another day of removing kit from my bike to donate to daughters!!!!

rickon
    Free Member

She’ll appreciate it when she’s drifting round corners, finding grip when she wants, while other summer racers are tank slapping 🙂

dcl

She’s a teenager!!
    Appreciation is never that forthcoming!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Racing 29er tyres!! HELP DAUGHTER IS RACING TOMORROW!’ is closed to new replies.