Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • RAAAAAAANT!
  • Kryton57

Rain. Combined with Mother’s Day, no riding this weekend.

Gets fat.
    Gets unfit.
    Gets drunk.

That is all.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Bloody Hell, man, get a grip! You could be suffering from the Ultra Man Flu that I’ve got. Even my bloody hair hurts!

wwaswas

You’ve got a singlespeed now rain can’t stop play 😉

patriotpro
    Free Member

Rant score = 0 out of 10

Kryton57

I had that three weeks ago. If its the same, you’ll still have a gravelly voice in three weeks time.

I had to do a training course fuelled by lemsip max plus extra caffeine.

matt_outandabout

Rain.

Is that a statement or a poor excuse not to ride?

Kryton57

wwaswas – Member
    You’ve got a singlespeed now rain can’t stop play

I am considering that instead of the planned road ride…..

Sue_W
    Free Member

Rain + Mothers Day =

Saturday – ride in the rain anyway, it’s only a bit of water!

Sunday – Mother’s Day, ride anyway (chocolates and card in the post, phone in the evening)

Here’s to a fun weekend 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

Im going out tomorrow hopefully for a bit. Nyah nyah nyah.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Its been raining for a few days now, previous to this we had 1 week max of dry warm weather.
    What’s changed?
    Nowt really.
    Flick the Mother off with a 2 hr max visit, this leaves 6 hours daylight to play on yer bike. Put the pies down you don’t need them.

binners

You can’t bullet point rants, you fool!!! It needs to be a rambling, incoherent, borderline mental diatribe, involving copious amounts of swearing, rampant paranoia and a persecution complex!

D- must try harder

binners

Oh…. And I’m riding Sunday! Ner ner ner ner neeeeeeer 😛

mintimperial

Not only have I just cancelled a nice early morning ride out so my wife can have her statutory Mother’s Day lie-in, I’ve just discovered that Father’s Day happens to coincide with a significant anniversary which means that I won’t get a pass out then either. FFS. 🙁

Drac

I rode Tuesday bothied that and rode back yesterday. There was no rain during the rides, I gave my mother some flowers and a card Sunday gone as I’m working all weekend.

boblo
    Free Member

No riding, more ITBS. Bollox.

That’s all.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ride am, Sunday roast with Mum, Halestorm live in the evening 😛 . Mother’s Day rocks!!!

fizzicist
    Free Member

Wife running on Saturday morning, child 1 off to a birthday party in the arvo.

nice opportunity to sort mothers day stuff out.

Mothers day.

No riding this weekend then.

tthew

Work combined with Mothers day for me. Bad planning means I’ve volunteered to work outage cover on the other half’s hair do day, which is usually a deffo shoe-in.

Bummer.

cynic-al
    Free Member

unfit in 2 days?

Not fit to start with.

Northwind

Rain- spending tomorrow with dirtschool hopefully having the suck removed from my jumping
    Mother’s day- has been handily converted to mother’s evening. Mother’s afternoon will be spent riding.

mrelectric

I don’t bother with Mothers Day. I tell MrsE she’s not my mother
    . My mum lives in the US where the date is quite different so get off the hook there too. 😉 Maybe that’s tight but have just had to negotiate Valentines very carefully…..

unklehomered
    Free Member

That’s not a rant, thats a frump.

For a frump I give it 6 out of ten 10.

{10/10 being “God I hate you its so unfair”)

stevied
    Free Member

No riding for me as I’ve got 2 mother’s to sort out.
    Mine and the wife because, apparently, our 1yr old isn’t capable of sorting out a present for her mother yet..pah

mrblobby
    Free Member

Doesn’t sound like you are very committed to your training 🙂

Kryton57

mrblobby – Member
    Doesn’t sound like you are very committed to your training

No. This morning I was so mentally knackered from work I struggled to get out of bed. I really didnt want to ride. On the plus side, mrs k has given me permission after I’ve made her breakfast tomorrow. Better make it worthwhile eh?

scaredypants

Even my bloody hair hurts!

you must have nerves in it – like that bloke off of* the tv

* 😉

neninja
    Free Member

Pouring down here and got food poisoning or something as I was up sick in the night (no I hadn’t been to the pub). Looks like no ride for today.

Tomorrow booked on a GoSkyride with my 8 year old – 8.6 miles round Guisborough Forest – hopefully the rain will stop but we’re going regardless.

tenfoot

Sorting out for mothers day today – includes hoovering, food prep etc. No chance of leaving the house without fear of decapitation (had my nuts removed already as you can tell)

Tomorrow – Mothers Day. Mrs Tenfoot gets a lie in as she’s a mother. The house then becomes overrun with mothers as I cook for them all.

Tomorrow evening – Nightride in the freezing, wet conditions. Apparently it’s character building.

iainc

Velodrome last night, 1.5 k in pool this morning while youngest had lesson. Out for lunch shortly with wife and weans then drop into see my folks. Lazy morn,then GMBC velo session tomorrow afternoon followed by a 2.5k swim while eldest son in lesson 🙂 rain matters not !

mrblobby
    Free Member

Get yourself sorted with a turbo. If I didn’t have one at the moment I’d hardly ever get on the bike. Hopefully this will change as the weather improves, commitments lessen, and blobby jr gets older (less bugs and more sleep!) Shall be trying to get out for a club ride tomorrow morning but will probably end up doing another late night turbo session instead 🙁

Northwind

OK, revision of weekend’s plan. Weather too bad for Dirtschool, so why not just go for a ride in the sleet instead. Lovely.

emac65
    Free Member

No. This morning I was so mentally knackered from work I struggled to get of bed. I really didnt want to ride.

Had an 11 hr shift at work yesterday,finishing at 11pm last night & home at 11:45pm.Up at 6 this morning & at CYB for 9:30.Will be out local for a couple of hours early doors tomorrow too.Earlies next week at work – Seven 4 am get-ups,the last 2 are 12 hour shifts.Will be out for a few hours on at least 3 of the afternoons…

Think you need a large dose of MTFU you big girls blouse…. 😉

Kevevs
    Free Member

that ist weakest meaninglestEST RAAANT eva..

MSP

You can’t bullet point rants, you fool!!! It needs to be a rambling, incoherent, borderline mental diatribe, involving copious amounts of swearing, rampant paranoia and a persecution complex!

I’m quite suprised that kryton57 doesn’t rant through the medium of “powerpoint presentation”

Kevevs
    Free Member

I’m going to go away and have a think about something or other and come back with a shitload of bullet points. whoo ha

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘RAAAAAAANT!’ is closed to new replies.