Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Quiz time – you're moving home – how long for BT
  • marsdenman
    Free Member

to move you phone line / broadband (for a 3rd party provider)

Yesterday we moved house. 10 days ago we advised Utilities Warehouse that we’d need our services moved with us. They told us what we know – no biggie, as we’d be on the same telephone exchange = we can take our exiting number etc.

So, given the I spoke to UW 10 days agao, care to guess when we might (it’s not a given – the date could change, though not to ‘sooner’…..) actually get connected?

I would love to rant but i’m so annoyed I cannot be bothered… Doubly aggravated as I’m self employed – currently at my little showroom, hence I’m connected, but I do work from home…. A lot..

jota180
    Free Member

I ordered a line [along with an ADSL service] for a site from BT on 12th Nov, they commissioned the ADSL on 27th Dec.
    After a few emails and calls for an update, I’ve been given an appointment of 7th Feb to install the PSTN

mintimperial

I guess some time in mid-Feb? Oooh, let’s say the 13th?

My mum and dad’s phone line was disconnected randomly some time just after xmas, several of their neighbours have the same problem, they’ve been hassling BT to fix it both via their various providers and directly, and the first time anyone is available to come out is… tomorrow. So that’s nearly a month.

BT are definitely the worst company I’ve ever had the misfortune to deal with as a private customer. And they appear to be getting worse.

maccruiskeen

“Time” “dates” and “delay” are very fluid concepts to BT – you’ll discover that the date you were told the work would be done by can mysteriously precede the date they’ll later claim you first instructed the move. They’ll claim that the date you instructed the move is after the date you first started complaining to them that the move was overdue.

And they appear to be getting worse.

Whats changed is they’ve stopped even pretending to apologise.

br
    Free Member

Its nothing to do with BT, but the ‘hoops’ that OpenReach have to go through to ensure there is a ‘level playing field’ for all providers.

It took one month in the summer to re-start a line at my folks’ new place and then another fortnight for our line and broadband to be re-connected.

Kryton57

“Time” “dates” and “delay” are very fluid concepts to BT – you’ll discover that the date you were told the work would be done by can mysteriously precede the date they’ll later claim you first instructed the move. They’ll claim that the date you instructed the move is after the date you first started complaining to them that the move was overdue.

This. I negotiated 3 dates with BT after agreeing them verbally and then reciving leters with oher random dates from them after the conversation. I then listed to the engineer, who I was on the verge of throwing out moaning at me becuase I’d inconvienienced his day as he was overbooked for the day due to my “complaining”

DezB
    Free Member

March 3rd?

I moved out and took the Sky Contract in November. Wife needs new phone number on the existing line. Sky “We’ll soon have you connected”: in February! “There is not a compatible line at the address”. WHAT??
    It’s a effing sham.

wwaswas

No virginmedia available?

Switch the current phone number to one not attached to a specific landline and then just redirect it to your new number?

DezB
    Free Member

Do we get an answer to this quiz?

CaptJon
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    Do we get an answer to this quiz?

Once OP is reconnected.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

BT timescales? use this as a guide

IA

I recently moved.

Called BT two weeks before, told them the weekend I was moving, got the move code thingy of them. Passed this to O2 (broadband).

Moved in on the saturday, phone and broadband up on the monday as promised.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Ah, thanks playing along:)
    I am now ommunicating by the power of the modern mobIle phone! Totally get that open reach have plenty on when it comes I keeping all the providers happy but, lordy….
    Can only wish we had cable as an option…
    So, the answer (subject to the ‘piece of string’ guideline above) 22nd Feb.

chvck
    Free Member

I’d just go with pick a random date, it probably won’t be that. It definitely won’t be any date they give you.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Quiz time – you're moving home – how long for BT’ is closed to new replies.