Home Forums Chat Forum Quite a storm around Swindon

• This topic has 21 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by argee.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Quite a storm around Swindon
  • CountZero

Heard some thunder earlier, so opened Live Lightning – it’s all going off between Swindon and Oxford!

slowoldman

Looks good on Windy too.

Screenshot 2024-09-20 at 14.52.42

nuke

Hit us around 11:30 here in Dorking. Proper biblical rain with thunder, lightening & hail. Flooding pics all over social media. It’s a lovely blue sky now though

fossy

Blimey !

Caher

Swindon will survive but more urgently, hope the trail behind the Nat West is not flooded.

weeksy

We’re south of Oxford, north of Newbury, massive storms, epic clouds, monsoony rain.

Well, it was an hour or so ago…. now it’s lovely.

CountZero

Swindon will survive but more urgently, hope the trail behind the Nat West is not flooded.

Old Town will, ‘cos it’s at the top of the hill, but I doubt anyone would shed tears if Swindon got washed away in a biblical storm! The Nat West trail is probably a route to Marlborough refugee camps for Swindon’s lost souls.
    The storm is now over Gloucester and Cheltenham, with a few strikes up around Morton-in-Marsh…

FB-ATB

trail behind the Nat West

I thought they were behind the Nationwide. Are these new trails?

Caher

Yeah you’re right. I meant Nationwide. Not been there for years.

CountZero

I thought they were behind the Nationwide. Are these new trails?

Ha! Yeah, my mistake too; it’s been a very long time since I was there!
    2007, according to a photo I took at the spiral bridge over the M4, when I rode from Swindon down to Marlborough!

JonBoy
    Free Member

I always miss out on the good storms. Last one that hit my area i was in France. Wife video called me to show how bad it was.

ajantom

Blimey, my dad’s slap bang in the middle of that (Stanford in the Vale)

theotherjonv

An actual tornado hit Aldershot, causing almost £8 worth of damage

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cy89x9v0n7eo

grahamt1980

Bloody hell.  You mean the tornado managed to flatten a whole house?

Caher

There’s a house in Aldershot worth more than £8?

FB-ATB

An actual tornado hit Aldershot, causing almost £8 worth of damage improvements

FTFY

MoreCashThanDash

More storms forecast down there today. If you see some soggy and disappointed looking Ilkeston Cycle Club riders on their away day to Chipping Norton, give them a cheer!

CountZero

An actual tornado hit Aldershot, causing almost £8 worth of damage improvements
    FTFY

mrb123
    Free Member

Yep, Swindon 0, Carlisle 2.

Dickyboy

More storms forecast down there today. If you see some soggy and disappointed looking Ilkeston Cycle Club riders on their away day to Chipping Norton, give them a cheer!

Will do, but it will almost certainly be from a bedraggled motorcyclist plotting my least wet route from Gower to Aylesbury.

MoreCashThanDash

Will do, but it will almost certainly be from a bedraggled motorcyclist plotting my least wet route from Gower to Aylesbury.

Good luck and stay safe.

Our guys (and gals) managed to stay dry. In for a shock when they got back last night, roads flooded, manholes up, trees down.

Best lightening storm we’ve had round here for years.

argee

It’s monsoon season down here i think, today is rain, rain and more rain just over the border in South Gloucestershire.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.