• This topic has 60 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by paton.
Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Quick Q for the grammar pendants
  • kayak23

Zilog6128, do you know anything about importing 3d stuff from Google Sketchup into Vcarve?
    It’s supposed to do it but I can’t get it to work… just won’t open the SKP file…

thecaptain
    Free Member

The Queen’s College Oxford and Queens’ College Cambridge, just by way of example. You don’t have to have multiple Mayors simultaneously to use the plural, I think it depends really whether the seat is dedicated to several of them who have served over the years, or the particular one that happens to be in office at a specific time. Is it the current mayor’s seat or a seat for any mayor who happens to be passing?

zilog6128

No as I’ve only ever used VCarve for 2.5D stuff, however I do have Sketchup Pro so I can have a look. VCarve isn’t a full 3D program AFAIK so maybe if your Sketchup model includes undercuts, etc, that might be why it’s complaining?

EDIT: My version of VCarve is an older one & doesn’t have that functionality anyway. Is yours the latest version? This link gives an alternative method, depending on what it is you want to achieve: http://blog.productgraph.io/2014/02/25/from-sketchup-to-vcarve

ThePinkster

That is certainly true about street name plates.

But not the sign posts for Westward Ho!

kayak23

I’m not holding it in the middle for any specific reason at all….no Sir… not at all…
    😳

ThePinkster

Looks much better without the apostrophe.

Shame about the hand you’ve CNC’d in the middle of it though.
    😉

nedrapier

THE MA’ORS SEAT?

thecaptain
    Free Member

John Major’s seat?

kcal

Late to the show but I’d tend to go with no apostrophe (didn’t know about the punctuation bit from hell but makes sense.

Think Sainsbury’s / Sainsburys.

Pook

That would annoy me every time I saw it.

matt_outandabout

SEAT should be spelled ARSE..

joat

Go leftfield with MAYOR SEAT.

mattsccm
    Free Member

I can’t help but be uneasy about it all being in capitals.

senorj

I wouldn’t worry about it,some youth will be along once it is installed to change the text to “the mayors shit”….

Drac

Think Sainsbury’s / Sainsburys.

No apostrophe looks better in your case kayak.

johndoh
    Free Member

Looks much better without the apostrophe.

To me it 100% doesn’t – it looks wrong wrong wrong

kayak23

Safer to leave it out perhaps.

😕

kayak23

This is the actual bench we’re replacing.
    It looks like some pendant has already come along and tried to add some punctuation! 😀

Looks like either they changed their minds, or a like minded fellow person came along with other ideas as there seems to be an attempted apostrophe in both potential places… 😆

nickc

and your question is answered, it doesn’t matter where you put it, some-one will be along once the bench is in place and add another anyway…

kayak23

True! 😆 + 👿

paton
    Free Member
Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Quick Q for the grammar pendants’ is closed to new replies.