Viewing 33 posts - 561 through 593 (of 593 total)
  • Quick poll. Who you voting for tomorrow?
  • grum
    Free Member

as we can’t afford to continue running a deficit much longer.

Who says?

aracer
    Free Member

Mostly people who voted for Brexit

jambalaya
    Free Member

Who says?

The global inventons who lend us the money

Tories borrow more per year in office than Labour.

Hugely impacted by the staggering £90 billion deficit per anum Labour bestowed on the coalition in 2010

Junkyard
    Free Member

SO lets get this right the global financial crash triggered by the sub prime collapse in the US was labour fault and the inability of the tories to deal with it was labours fault

Must be great being a Tory even when you are shit its not your fault as it is always labours fault.

Can you remind us when they said they would remove the deficit – the first time or the second or the third or where it is now whilst explaining how astoundingly good they are with the economy

Yes they inherited a mess, and that mess was not of labours making, they have not hit any of their reduction targets, and by any measure that makes them poor, cannot be labours fault

fifeandy
    Free Member

Well, after much umming and ahhing over the last week or so, and seriously considering not voting, i went and voted LD and hopefully did my little bit to reduce the odds of indyref2.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hugely impacted by the staggering £90 billion deficit per anum Labour bestowed on the coalition in 2010

So when external factors cause a Tory government to borrow, it’s Labour’s fault. But when external factors cause a Labour government to borrow, it’s their own fault? Gotcha.

fifeandy
    Free Member

I agree that you can’t blame Labour for a global economic crash, but if they hadn’t been running an unnecessary deficit in the years running up to the crash the mess the coalition inherited wouldnt have been nearly so bad.

molgrips
    Free Member

I agree with that.

But it won’t stop me voting Labour again.

Junkyard
    Free Member

if they hadn’t been running an unnecessary deficit in the years running up to the crash the mess the coalition inherited wouldnt have been nearly so bad.

you do know Osbourne agreed to match their spending dont you.

I agree hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing , unfortunately neither political party had it.

dannyh
    Free Member

Every party blames the others. Nothing to separate them there.

Conservatives are a party of the rich, for the rich and screw everyone else.

Vote for anybody other than them.

Northwind

Just voted while off my tits on mad new painkillers so your guess is as good as mine really.

fifeandy – Member

Well, after much umming and ahhing over the last week or so, and seriously considering not voting, i went and voted LD and hopefully did my little bit to reduce the odds of indyref2.

That doesn’t make any sense. The SNP are going to decisively win in Scotland, we all know that. No matter what, they’ll come out with an undeniable mandate to pursue a new referendum- if they get a majority of 1 that’s the case, never mind a majority of 60. By making this election so much about indyref 2, the other parties have guaranteed that the SNP win can only be seen as a mandate.

I wonder how many tories will get in because people don’t understand that, and because Labour have run the stupidest campaign in scottish history.

ctk
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

Tories borrow more per year in office than Labour.

Even if the cut off is pre financial crash Tories borrow more.

kennyp
    Free Member

That doesn’t make any sense. The SNP are going to decisively win in Scotland, we all know that. No matter what, they’ll come out with an undeniable mandate to pursue a new referendum- if they get a majority of 1 that’s the case, never mind a majority of 60. By making this election so much about indyref 2, the other parties have guaranteed that the SNP win can only be seen as a mandate.

The SNP will no doubt win the majority of seats but that is simply because the unionist vote will be split across three parties. The SNP will take advantage of the first past the post system, another good reason for moving to some sort of PR.

If the majority of the voters here vote for parties opposed to more referenda then there’s an equally valid case for saying the SNP have no mandate whatsoever and they should accept the will of the Scottish people as was expressed three years ago.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@crk I will have to look back. Torys didn’t have to go cap in hand to the IMF though did they. (Grum that’s relevant to your earlier point)

Molgrips, well Labour where in charge for 13 years and regional (ie non London HQ’d) financial institutions went bust (actually or effectively) in the UK and those where poorly regulated(even encouraged) by a Labour Government. The trigger may have been US subprime but its was 1) crazy aquisition appproved by regulator that did for RBS and 2) daft self certified mortgages which did for the rest. Also it was Labour and particular Gordon (no more boom and bust) Brown whomfailed to regign in spending (ie austerity) post the financial collapse which lead to the deficit. You can’t keep spending when your income steam (taxes) drop off a cliff.

scotroutes

It’s been a pretty clear choice; vote Ruth for no Indyref2. If she doesn’t get more seats than the SNP then clearly there’s a demand for Indyref2. A trap of her own making.

jambalaya
    Free Member

IndyRef2 – Cameron always said it was a majority in the Scottish Parliament which gave the SNP/Scotland IndyRef1. Their Holyrood majority went down post IndyRef1 and their Westminster Parliamentary representation is going to go down again tonight with a swing towards the City nservative and Unionist Party

IMO it was a once in a lifetime IndyRef as Salmond said and Brexit has killed stone dead any Economic case for Independence

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Away and take yer face for a shite Jamba.

Northwind

jambalaya – Member

Their Holyrood majority went down post IndyRef1 and their Westminster Parliamentary representation is going to go down again tonight with a swing towards the City nservative and Unionist Party

Aye, you’re right, looks like the tories are going to win by 1 goal to 6 😆

Winning massively by a little bit less isn’t losing. It’s one of the oddest dialogues I’ve seen in politics.

scotroutes

IndyRef2 – Cameron always said it was a majority in the Scottish Parliament which gave the SNP/Scotland IndyRef1. Their Holyrood majority went down post IndyRef1 and their Westminster Parliamentary representation is going to go down again tonight with a swing towards the City nservative and Unionist Party

So still a majority in both then. Since when did coming a distant second give you the chance to set the rules?

wilburt
    Free Member

Exit polls predict Tory carnage.

Theres hope 🙂

piemonster

IndyRef2 – Cameron always said

Wait, Cameron is Ruth?

kennyp
    Free Member

It’s been a pretty clear choice; vote Ruth for no Indyref2. If she doesn’t get more seats than the SNP then clearly there’s a demand for Indyref2. A trap of her own making.

But the Liberals and Labour are also against second, third, fourth etc referenda, and given that a referendum is a straight yes/no choice (rather than first past the post), then the most representative way of looking at the results is to compare how many people vote for pro-independence parties as opposed to how many vote for pro-union parties.

fifeandy
    Free Member

@Northwind.
    Makes perfect sense in NE Fife, expected to be close between LD/SNP, very unlikely there’ll be any other outcome.

Of course Queen Nicola will try and get indyref2? anyway, but any seat she doesn’t get gives her slightly less leverage, which with an array of crappy (imo) options to choose from it’s about as much as i can hope for.

chewkw
    Free Member

wilburt – Member
    Exit polls predict Tory carnage.
    Theres hope

You are causing more self harm to the nation then good so keep it up. 😆

Never know when to stop until it is completely broken. 😆

So be it … 😆

johndoh
    Free Member

Theresa May have to resign in the morning.

chewkw
    Free Member

johndoh – Member
    Theresa May have to resign in the morning.

Or stay on regardless … 😆

bol

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well this is all a bit gripping..

wilburt
    Free Member

You are causing more self harm to the nation then good so keep it up.

Yeah ok.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

Balls.. still in their seat 🙁

tomhoward

Well, looks like I didn’t get what I hoped for…

(For this to all be over for another 5 years)

epicyclo

Who would have predicted the DUP would be the party holding all the cards?

This should be interesting. I wonder if it will prompt SF to make an appearance at Westminster. 🙂

Northwind

So my guys won in my seat, Labour nearly managed to split the vote enough to get the Tories in (they’ll see it as doing really well but they were <this> close to ****ing it). My party got a phyrric victory and I think the whole result sets back their agenda by ten years but suddenly the UK looks less of a lost cause than I thought so, not so bothered. I did not like the whole “indyref as a lifeboat for a sinking ship” thing, I want to choose to set sail in a different direction not to jump overboard… So it’s mixed but overall a better result than I hoped for.

Scottish Labour are very pleased with themselves for winning a couple of seats but the bottom line is, they’ve made it possible for Theresa May to make a sort-of government, by letting in more Tories. I wonder if they even know.

Viewing 33 posts - 561 through 593 (of 593 total)

The topic ‘Quick poll. Who you voting for tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.