Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Quick CV question
  • mogrim

Quick CV question: for an IT CV.

Would you list all your projects you’ve worked on for a company, with a brief description of your responsabilities, technology used etc.:

Dates: 2010 (January) – Present
    Occupation or position held: Project manager
    Client / Project: XXXX
    Main activities and responsibilities: Responsible for providing technical and managerial assistance to XXXX for YYYY. …
    Technology: Java J2EE – Oracle Portal, Oracle WebCenter. Oracle BD 11g. Ruby.

(repeat as many times as needed – in my current job I’ve done at least 9 projects…)

Or would you summarise the time at the company in a single block:

Company X 200-present
    I have filled various roles from programmer through. team leader project manger and architect. With my current role beingxxxxxxx.
    I have been involved with many projects including xxxxxxx
    Clients I have worked directly with xxxxxx
    Technologies I have used xxxxxxxxxx

mogrim

Oops. Seems to have double posted. Use the other thread!

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Answer 2, keep each company as a single block with sub paragraphs or the feeble minded will think you have had lots of jobs

mogrim

Ok, use this thread 🙂

Seems a reasonable argument for #2, allows a bit more text as well without hitting the mythical 2 page limit.

aracer
    Free Member

How about if you’ve only had one proper job since graduating 18 years ago (I went for #1)?

mogrim

How about if you’ve only had one proper job since graduating 18 years ago (I went for #1)?

How many projects, though? I’d say if each one were 2-3 years long it’d be reasonable to list them, in my case they’re all a lot shorter.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Quick CV question’ is closed to new replies.