Home Forums Bike Forum Queens Park BMX track , Heywood.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Queens Park BMX track , Heywood.
    Harry_the_Spider

Looks like it is being rebuilt with some input from Craig, who used to be on here and the MNPR.

Taught my kids to ride there many, many years ago.

Bregante

I can almost see that track from my dad’s house. I remember riding it as a teenager!

RustyNissanPrairie

In the summer holidays us BMX bandits used to ride from Edenfield over Owd Bets then fly down ‘Ashy Valley’, ride at Heywood all day then walk back up Ashy Valley and home.

Heywood was rebuilt some time ago and so was Rochdale but both are a bit unloved/tired (especially Rochdale) nowadays.

Harry_the_Spider

…well Heywood should be back open again in a few weeks according to what I’ve just read. Plant equipment in there right now.

ratherbeintobago

@rustynissanprarie Where’s the Rochdale one?

Useless piece of information is that Places for Everyone features a bike lane towards Queen’s Park from the Norden Rd/War Office Road junction which would be useful for The Youth, except highways don’t appear to know anything about it

RustyNissanPrairie

@ratherbeintobago

It’s near the Highfield Hospital. It’s actually a better / pro level track than Heywood as it’s downhill with some big doubles/triple and large berms. It’s worn out nowadays and the area is a bit scuzzy but it was good back in the day.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/N22D5PLx7J57xiBW6?g_st=ic

ratherbeintobago

That’s going to be near Phase 2 of the Beeline then (which should hopefully start building in Jan all being well)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.