Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Quantocks B&B reccomendations?
  • thepurist

Any top tips for places to stay near the Q’s? Must be reasonably plush as Mrs P is along too, but not OTT as I’ll be paying!

TIA

Keith

crispybacon
    Free Member

I’ve stayed at the Cedar House and I think it fits the plush part however if the cost is an issue ask Mrs Purist to pay her half.

Failing that I’ve also stayed at Base Lodge Minehead this will meet your money budget & its clean.

PS Both are bike friendly

rob1984p
    Free Member

Hood Arms in kilve is meant to be good; has a good bar, good chef and good landlord.

thepurist

Thanks folks – Hood Arms & Cedar House both look like they may well fit the bill.

sharki
    Free Member

Hood arms will always be top of my recommendations. good food, good banter and good Landlord(even better if you stay there and say i sent you, better for me at least.. HIC)

Old coach house Bicknoller is popular.
    Cedar house is fine.
    Parsonage farm in over stowey is conveinient to the trails.

Have a look on the quantock online website

thepurist

Might be able to help you out there Sharki!

andywill

Can definitely recommend the Hood Arms. As Rob & Sharki say, all is good, plus you can ride from the pub & they will lock your bike up for you. Just ask for a room on the opposite side to the road if traffic bothers you (especially if your mate has to sleep with the window open)

woodsman
    Free Member

Parsonage Farm if you’re taking your lady. Really nice accom, she will be impressed, en-suite character room with roll top bath to fit two! Lovely outside terrace for breakfasting, peaceful – no contest imo!

Kilve Arms, as said right on busy main road.

IHN

Old Cider House in Nether Stowey is pretty nice.

cinnamon_girl

This was highly recommended by fellow STW’ers for the recent Q’s forum ride.

http://www.hartwoodhousebandb.co.uk

forge197
    Free Member

CG has posted the one I was going to recommend, owned by a great couple and in a lovely location.

john_l
    Free Member

any campsite recommendations?

sharki
    Free Member

Mill farm holford ish.

If you don’t want facillities mail me 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Quantocks B&B reccomendations?’ is closed to new replies.