Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Push industries 'enduro' coil shock
  • stevede
    Free Member

Well this looks interesting, Push producing their own shock. $1200 though, a lot of money regardless of performance. Would love to try one if money was no object but that will never be the case! http://m.pinkbike.com/news/first-look-push-industrys-elevensix-shock.html

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Enduro coil, about as dead in the water as 26″ isn’t it?

stevede
    Free Member

Fairly hefty weight penalty over its much cheaper air sprung competitors (bos Kirk, ccdb air, vivid air, monarch plus, float x)

Northwind

mikewsmith – Member

Enduro coil, about as dead in the water as 26″ isn’t it?

Kind of is but doesn’t have to be- I had iirc a vanilla rc in mine for a while, if it’d had an RP23-style propedal lever or maybe even a remote I might still be using it. Loved it on the way down, well worth the weight penalty but not worth the pedals-like-a-blancmange penalty and the propedal dial was annoying.

But I think maybe this is just too late.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

But if you can make the air work right (not like a coil but right) then why pay the penalty. There is a thing about “I Like the Feel of Coil” but is that the best thing for the bike, if you can make an air shock (CCDBA?) do what the coil does why get the coil?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Murphy says that his coil-over design is better suited for suspension designs with travel in the 140 to 160-millimeter range. Reportedly, the Elevensix weighs slightly more than its air-sprung competitors, but it is significantly lighter than any of their coil-sprung models

825g Elevensix
    530g Vivid Air
    335g Moarch Plus RC3
    500g CCDB Air
    365g FOX Float X
    300g Marzocchi 053
    430g X Fusion Vector

I can’t believe they feel they can write that it is significantly lighter than other coil shocks by about 100g then claim it is only slightly heavier than the air competition when some of them are far less than half the weight.

maxtorque

Tbh, with todays suspension platforms, i’m not sure you really need “two completely separate compression settings” and i’ve never been “between clicks” on my bikes shock ever! (in fact, generally, i doubt anyone can tell the difference between say 12 clicks and 13 clicks in the real world! (maybe on a shock dyno, but on a real bike, in the real world on real terrain, without sesioning that terrain about 30 times, er, Nawh!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Push industries 'enduro' coil shock’ is closed to new replies.