Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Purposeful Adventure: Eager Beavers
  • pjscullion

Pete and Rosie rides over hills and crawl through undergrowth in search of Scotland’s thriving beaver population. Words & Photography Pete Scullio …

By pjscullion

Get the full story here:

Purposeful Adventure: Eager Beavers

matt_outandabout

I am loving seeing more and more evidence of the beasties around a lot of Scotland.

They have been there for around 14 years after an escape from a private pen, and slowly spreading around the Tay drainage basin, now working their way around the Forth. Of course there are more in Argyll, and I have been told by two people now that they think the first ones have made it over the watershed to mix populations.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kT2cgc]Beaver activity[/url] by Matt, on Flickr

StirlingCrispin

now working their way around the Forth.

They have been on the tidal Forth for years as evidenced by chewed logs etc

Neighbour spotted one the other night but I’ve not been so lucky.

matt_outandabout

I am now wondering if they can get over Drumochter…

ratherbeintobago

I have been told by two people now that they think the first ones have made it over the watershed to mix populations.

That’s good news. Apparently there’s one/more wild in Wales too, though the people that found it are keeping quiet on location as officially there aren’t any.

Houns

I ❤️🦫

oldtennisshoes

escape from a private pen 🧐

More like liberally distributed out the back of the transit by the guy from Alyth that bred them.

(Not that I’m saying it was a bad idea, because it wasn’t – just made a bit of a mockery of SNH’s trial in Knapdale)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.