Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Puddletown
  • sharki
    Free Member

I had a walk in the forest today and although lots of it seem to be heavily forested, some new trails appear to be in place, some look fun but using too much fall line, but alot of effort is being made in there..
    Shame the forestry have put up signs saying cycling is not permitted in the forest!

DrP

Yeah, and an AWFUL lot has been destroyed by what only looks like the iron giant!

Sharki – where abouts you from?? You local to puddletown then?

DrP

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

WTF, wanted to head down this weekend (Sunday AM), is it not worth the effort yet til it’s cleared a bit & do you have to be a bit more careful with who’s around?

sharki
    Free Member

drp, no i’m not a local, ridden there a few times and just popped there to walk a dog en route to poole. It looks like the perimeter trail along ride the road is now about 20metres wide, an area in the middle is levelled and many other bits are being strip felled.
    I did see alot of trails intact, i’m sure a few hrs riding can still be had but for locals it could be a depressing sight, even more so for those who’ve put in the hrs making the trails.

sharki
    Free Member

drp, no i’m not a local, ridden there a few times and just popped there to walk a dog en route to poole. It looks like the perimeter trail along ride the road is now about 20metres wide, an area in the middle is levelled and many other bits are being strip felled.
    I did see alot of trails intact, i’m sure a few hrs riding can still be had but for locals it could be a depressing sight, even more so for those who’ve put in the hrs making the trails.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

They are pretty gutted, reading some of the posts on the ridepuddletown forum shows that!!

From what I gather it has been on the cards that they were going to do it due to the excessive building that has been going on and they were trying to make a club and charge you to ride the duel track (big section on the left from the popular car park) but it would seem the FC and H&S have knocked it all down before anything can be sorted.

The normal tracks and trails will still the rideable I guess as they have been for years and are part of the forest.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Although having just had a baby I haven’t had chance to trip up there and look for my self.

DrP

Although a lot has been destroyed, there still remains a lot of ridable bits. If anyone fancies heading down, give me an email as I’ll probably ride there on sunday…..

DrP

sharki
    Free Member

Also, nice to see the travellers have errr travelled onwards.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Puddletown’ is closed to new replies.