Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Pub recomendations in Hebden and Tod
  • lowey

Got a canal boat cruise lined up from Sowerby Bridge this weekend with the intention of mooring at Hebden and Tod. Never been out round there before so can the locals recommend a few watering houses please ?

Cheers all.

woody2000

Depends what you like I suppose?

Sowerby Bridge – The Works is a nice pint and a nice place, Puzzle Hall is ok for a pint too (just along the road). Nice little place is SB, though it can get a bit rough at times 🙂

Hebbers – Stubbing Wharf is ok, White Lion alwsays used to be ok but I haven’t been for a while. I’m sure there are some more bars (as opposed to pubs), but I don’t get to HB much

Tod – God only knows!

ton

lowey, stubbing wharfe is great for ale mate.
    almost as good as that bank top shyte you sup………… 😉

Yorkshire-Pudding
    Free Member

Get some tinny’s in and stay on the boat, Make sure the hatches are bolted too! 😉

RustySpanner

Dusty Miller in Mytholmroyd is good, as is the pub on the right just up the Cragg Vale road.

Anywhere in Hebden is fine:
    Stubbins is decent, good food and right next to the canal.
    Railway is very friendly & the Fox & Goose is superb for real ale.

As for Tod, hmmmm.
    The Polished Knob is pleasant and does good food, but I’d avoid the rest.

Woodpecker in Shade is nice, as are the Masons and Cross Keys in Walsden, both right by the canal.
    Decent food in the Cross Keys.

The Summit further down toward Littleborough is very pleasant and does good food.

chimptastic
    Free Member

For Tod

1. Bare Arts brewery. For locally brewed beer and good banter with Trevor and Cathy the owners.
    2. Three Wise Monkeys for tasty Thai food and beers such as Anchor Steam beer and Sierra Nevada.
    3. Polished Knob. Always have a selection of guest ales. But best early doors before the local wildlife come out

lowey

Hmm getting the vibe that Tod is a bit rough on a night time ??

mafiafish
    Free Member

My fave used to be hole in the wall but it’s a dive after the recent take over. Stubbings wharf is good though, sitting by the canal in the sunshine is lovely!

RustySpanner

Doh, forgot about Bare Arts and the Three Monkeys, both nice places.

Lowey, there is an element in Tod who just have no idea how to behave in public. Sad, but there it is.

Both the above places would be fine, just avoid the larger pubs in the centre.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

theres a nice coffee bar near the centre, let me know if you need back up………..

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

+1 for Stubbing Wharf

.. or as my daughter misheard and it will therefore henceforth be known to us as….. The Stubborn Dwarf 😆

chimptastic
    Free Member

I only jest. It’s just I don’t do pubs where people feel the need to wear high heels at night time.

I lived there for 7 years with no issues. But if you look like anytown in the UK you’ll be sure to find it if that’s what you’re into 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Pub recomendations in Hebden and Tod’ is closed to new replies.