• This topic has 19 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • PSA: untold British mtb story on bike channel now.
  • ferrals
    Free Member

As title 🙂

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Oooo.. Recording cheers.

MartynS

On again at 9am tomorrow (sat 1st) for those like me that have just seen this!!

nairnster
    Free Member

Is this the one that Premium subscribers could watch for free a while ago anyway?

madhouse

Just caught the last half hour, thanks for the heads up on the repeat – have set it to record

velocipede
    Free Member

Watched this last night – absolutely brilliant!

jekkyl

Would have been nice to have got a heads up from STW towers, would have thought they’d like more people to appreciate their work. Shame they kept the price so high, if it had become available at a fiver I would have purchased.

prawny

Was this the full film? Finally finished watching it this morning but it seemed to lurch from Tim Manley era MBUK to Danny MacAskill pretty suddenly and then was finished. I wasn’t ready for it to end.

beltaine
    Free Member

It’s on again tonight and again tomorrow morning at 8.45 am, red button fans.

dragon
    Free Member

I thought it was the most boring, amateur thing I’ve watched in years. Was pretty excited about seeing it, but just seemed to completely miss the target IMO.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Was this the full film? Finally finished watching it this morning but it seemed to lurch from Tim Manley era MBUK to Danny MacAskill pretty suddenly and then was finished. I wasn’t ready for it to end.

I did wonder the same, gets up to the JMC era then jump ahead to Martin Aston’s section and end quiet abruptly.

prawny

TBF there’s a huge amount of material to cover off in and hour and a half, I’d quite happily watch a film entirely about JMC (I wore out my first copy of dirt), so I suppose it’s inevitable that it would seem a bit short.

OK though, made me want to bikepacking, and it made my miss the old slag heap they built an industrial estate on where I grew up. Probably for the best though, I ended up in hospital more than once after rides over there.

scotroutes

I was disappointed that there was so much material about racing rather than what most of us do. However I can see that there’s likely to be a lot less material from which to make a movie.

prawny

Racing used to be a massive thing though, so made sense in terms of the history of UK MTB.

If anything there wasn’t enough lake jumping involved.

jekkyl

No mention at all of Jo Burt.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

tis on again tonight, 10:30

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Ooh, thanks Boba.

I caught some of it the other week but not all.

dragon
    Free Member

I was disappointed that there was so much material about racing rather than what most of us do.

But in the context of British early mtbing then racing was huge, Malverns had race numbers in the thousands (and later the early 24 hour races). It was also XC racing that tended to dominate the likes of MBUK and MBI up until the mid 90’s at least. Then later XC trail centers started and these were covered. So from a history point of view I think they did cover what most people at the time were doing, obviously there will always be people who weren’t into the race scene and to them it won’t necessarily represent their mtb history.

jobro
    Free Member

Surprised there was no mention of the Essex winter race series. Surely this was the precursor to the modern XC scene.
    Good to see Apps though.

DrP

You wha…?
    A certain ‘doctorish’ forum member is in said film..?
    Ginger bearding it on his heardtail with Rob Warner, with a little slo-mo tech section of him too…

Say it isn’t so.. 😉

DrP

(though I enjoyed the filming, I did find the film pretty boring…there..I said it!!)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘PSA: untold British mtb story on bike channel now.’ is closed to new replies.