Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 99 total)
  • PSA: top gear back on Sunday
  • Pook

Ride in the morning, brunch with friends, f1, Sunday lunch, ride, top gear.

Belated fathers’ day happiness :o)

CountZero

Yay!

johndoh
    Free Member

And Luther on Tuesday.

sas78

Top gear: an excellent excuse for a read.

Junkyard
    Free Member

checks remote still works and the off button …breathes sigh of relief

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Hope they show the one where Cleggy goes down the hill in an old bath. Classic!

unknown
    Free Member

Top Gear threads = tattoo threads for people who don’t like something but must comment anyway?

bearnecessities

Top gear: an excellent excuse for a thread.

FTFY 😀

I like; unoffensive silly telly that whole family can enjoy an element of.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh come on, Sundays wouldn’t be the same without the loverz v haterz Top Gear thread. 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

well it’s at least worth watching the first episode of a new series, that’s the one where they put the effort in, but they’ll use up all their creativity by the end and the rest of the series will be the same old knob jokes, xenophobia and general asshattery.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

good one, still trying to get last seasons watched!

CountZero

unknown – Member
    Top Gear threads = tattoo threads for people who don’t like something but must comment anyway?

Yup, and here they are…

CountZero

Junkie is Keyser Söze, and I claim my £5…
    😉

piemonster

I look forward to annoying the girlfriend with Top Gear soon.

Drac

Excellent love a bit of Top Gear.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I expect them to be even less funny than the previous season. They have become masters of plumbing the depths. One thinks to oneself that they surely can’t be any shitter, less funny, more scripted than previously. Yet every year, they manage it.

piemonster

It’s all part of the ‘magic’

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4ozvZK2YPo[/video]

shermer75
    Free Member

No doubt done before but I love it that much:

[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=RY9u0LxIWJk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DRY9u0LxIWJk[/video]

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Thats the w/e’s TV sorted for a while, TDF & Top Gear.

Who could ask for more?

sas78

Bearnecessities:

I like; unoffensive silly telly that whole family can enjoy an element of.

So do I, and that is exactly why TG is turned off. I find some of the “humour” on TG extremely offensive. Was there not an incident in relation to Mexico last year?

I actually used to love TG when I was a kid and we watched it as a family, that was when it was actually about cars and was family viewing not just a “vehicle” (pun intended :-)) for massaging overpaid, pompous presenter’s egos under a pseudo lads mag veneer on national TV.

It’s been ruined since they went to the open floor studio format and got that Hammond involved, he seems to inspire Clarkson (who is actually funny off the programme) to become a big knobber.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they got a few “babes” sprawled over the bonnet of a body kitted Nova soon. It’s heading in that direction!! 😀

DezB
    Free Member

My 10 year old will be pleased. He gets the humour and likes sports cars. I’m pretty sure he’s in the target demographic.

Drac

I actually used to love TG when I was a kid and we watched it as a family, that was when it was actually about cars and was family viewing not just a “vehicle” (pun intended :-)) for massaging overpaid, pompous presenter’s egos under a pseudo lads mag veneer on national TV.

Yes! House.

All from one paragraph.

unknown
    Free Member

Was that a cut and paste daily mail editorial? I think you’re right though, they should ditch the enormously successful format which has been exported around the globe and earned the BBC millions to spend on programming, and go back to a format unchnaged from the 70s that so few people watched it got cancelled.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s great that it earns the BBC money. It shows that you can earn money from any old shite.

Drac
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

He’s not even a real hamster.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Well I for one am grateful, that’s my sunday evening viewing booked, thanks Pook!
    And there’s no competition with Mr Selfridge this time!

LenHankie

brakes – Member

knob jokes, xenophobia and general asshattery.

What’s not to like?!

mt
    Free Member

Great! Love it when it’s back on as it serves a useful social service. I think the BBC has finally realised that the serial offended need their own programme. Can’t wait for the moaners thread after, though they seem to be warming up already, perhaps the Daily Mail is not upsetting them today. Seldom see it until its shown as continuous repeats on Dave, helps me get through some seriously boring jobs. 🙂

martinhutch

Place your bets now – who will we be offended on behalf of this time Monday morning?

I’m predicting it will be the residents of Cwmbran. Or perhaps some Chechens.

brakes
    Free Member

I can’t believe I used the word ‘asshattery’, next I’ll be calling people ‘oxygen thieves’. Bell-end.

I truly, really and sincerely hope that this series is good.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It does serve an excellent social function. As does usage of the term “serially offended”.

nealglover
    Free Member

I find some of the “humour” on TG extremely offensive. Was there not an incident in relation to Mexico last year?

Go on then I’ll ask.

This program, that you don’t like, so obviously don’t watch…..

Which bits of it exactly have you found “extremely offensive” ?

I would genuinely like to know.

justatheory
    Free Member

I think Top Gear would be better if they shifted focus to the cars, rather than the presenters performing their usual tired roles in contrived and predicatable features.

I used to really enjoy it, but felt it got a bit repetitive and the presenters became caricatures. I’ll still watch for the new cars though.

ransos
    Free Member

Oh come on, Sundays wouldn’t be the same without the loverz v haterz Top Gear thread.

Am I allowed to think it’s a little bit dull?

jools182
    Free Member

mt – Member
    Great! Love it when it’s back on as it serves a useful social service. I think the BBC has finally realised that the serial offended need their own programme. Can’t wait for the moaners thread after, though they seem to be warming up already, perhaps the Daily Mail is not upsetting them today. Seldom see it until its shown as continuous repeats on Dave, helps me get through some seriously boring jobs.

+1, its hilarious and bizarre at the same time

There’s plenty of crap on the tv, I’d say 90% is bobbins, yet Top Gear seems to rile like no other tv show

I don’t know why they can’t change channel whenever it’s on

I personally like the poor humour, mindless ragging of cars, blatant sexism etc etc

unklehomered
    Free Member

Bloody Marvelous. I’ll be back from a lond weekend away, already got some beers in. Score!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bump in time for the usual suspectzzzz.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Top Gear and Glastonbury in the same weekend…….the rage on here might just melt the servers

(I for one welcome our car driving overlords)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘PSA: top gear back on Sunday’ is closed to new replies.