Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • PSA: The OneUp 210mm dropper post is finally in stock and orderable
  • Northwind

It’s usually one of my rules to never get the first release of a dropper post, let someone else be the paying beta tester 😉 But Oneup seem pretty good so I’ve ordered one. Expensive obviously- $310- but hopefully you gets what you pays for

fooman

I’m holding out for a 220mm dropper.

kelvin

Er… that price doesn’t seem right.

Northwind

Oh yeah, I got some pedals too 😛 $258 including the lever. Annoyingly they’re not selling the lever without mounts at the moment- I don’t need ’em, I have formula mixmasters.

kelvin

I’ve just bought a second set of the composite pedals. Anyone want to buy some V12s?

simonalex99

Might be interested in the v12s. I pm

kelvin

You should consider the OneUp composites … so much better! Will answer your pm later today. Cheers.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Thankfully the 210 x 31.6mm post is OOS at the moment, otherwise I would have had one 🙂

My original one, which I bought on the day of release, has been great. Probably the best post I have used.

The composite pedals, still in mixed minds about them. The size & design of them is almost spot on, the lack of ‘concavity’ is a pain. Feet do noticeably bounce around more on them compared to the Horizons & Burgtec versions. I’ve solved it by running 2mm longer pins on the outer edges, which has improved grip no end. I still look forward to the day I savage my shin with them.

woodster

Arghh. My scratched up Transfer 150mm was supposed to be dead by now, but I can’t justify replacing perfectly good kit. Wonder if it’ll be flexy at 210mm extension

letmetalktomark

Really happy with my 150 & 170 One Up posts.

I’ve no idea how people are needing or running 210mm posts!

The 170mm in my XL Chameleon is almost too long (curved ST)

Northwind

Hob Nob

Thankfully the 210 x 31.6mm post is OOS at the moment, otherwise I would have had one 🙂

Heh, that went back into and then out of stock in under a day!

letmetalktomark

Subscriber

It’s not need, never is… But for me 170mm was the first time it ever didn’t really intrude, and my 185 is almost at the point where I don’t notice it, so hopefully this will take it right to perfection.

Fitting, I’m not totally sure I’ll get the full 210mm but it’ll be close. This is going into a Remedy 29, which because they design a good frame, can take my 185mm dropper even though I sized up to large from medium. Kinked tubes for suspension mounts can make it tricky (it’s the limiting factor on the Remedy) but the main issue most folks have is the seat mast height, which is just bad design

big_scot_nanny

I’ve been waiting for this, got the email today, and 30.9 210 dropper ordered.

Anyone want to buy a 170mm brand X? 😀

ta11pau1

Really happy with my 150 & 170 One Up posts.

The 170mm in my XL Chameleon is almost too long (curved ST)

Seat tubes are finally getting shorter, I’m 6ft 3in and this is a 150mm fox transfer on an XXL Jeffsy 29…

There’s at least 60mm of post below the collar, with the stack height of 210mm on the fox dropper, that gives 270mm total. The 210 oneup dropper is 243mm stack height.

Theoretically, I could fit a 240mm oneup dropper… 🤣😁

swanny853

This is going into a Remedy 29, which because they design a good frame, can take my 185mm dropper even though I sized up to large from medium.

I had the remedy 29 and commencal meta 29 to choose from when I bought my current fs- I ended up with the meta. Similarly sized up to large for the reach, but the meta has an annoyingly long seat mast- need to get the tape measure out and look at these to try and eke a bit more drop out of it.

On the plus side it’s an uninterrupted seat tube. It’s also open, so with a long post the actuator will probably be hanging over the shock

Edit- think I could squeeze in a 180, maybe even a 190 if there’s more clearance under the 150 reverb there at the moment than I thought. Tempting. Much strong feeling on if the extra drop is worth it?

ta11pau1

Who wouldn’t say no to some extra length…

😉

I’d say go for the maximum possible, the weight will be negligible, and if the seat is too far down at the lowest point, just don’t drop it as much.

swanny853

Aye, I mean, I’ve definitely got used a 150 post over a 125, which I used to think was plenty and also more drop = better, I just wonder what the diminishing returns limit is for a given height/ leg length

Northwind

swanny853

Edit- think I could squeeze in a 180, maybe even a 190 if there’s more clearance under the 150 reverb there at the moment than I thought. Tempting. Much strong feeling on if the extra drop is worth it?

For me, 150mm to 170mm was where the big difference happened. 150mm was miles better than 125mm but both still really felt like a compromise, 170mm Reverb was the first I was ever really happy with. I went from there to a 185mm Revive and still found it a worthwhile difference but no game changer. Remains to be seen exactly how it feels to go to 210mm… I’ve a feeling it might be underwhelming, but equally the feeling of the saddle being way the **** out of the way might actually add up to more than the difference in measurement, interesting to find out.

TLDR- it’s not maths, this, it’s personal preference and the impact it has on your riding. Some very good riders don’t even like having the seat down that far, let alone want it.

One real edge the Oneup has is that it’s both really low stack, and height adjustable, so it’s pretty likely that it’s the post that’ll get the most drop out of any particular frame. I mean, most droppers can be bodged shorter with spacers but this does it by design.

kayak23

Is nobody getting seat buzz at full compression with this much drop yet?

I suppose seat tubes are a bit steeper these days but there must be a few designs where it’s close.

ta11pau1

It shouldn’t matter what post you’re running, if the collar is slammed into the frame its the same regardless. The oneup post might have the saddle sit a bit lower but otherwise its no different.

swanny853

Cheers Northwind, assuming you’re about the same height as me that’s helpful.

it’s personal preference and the impact it has on your riding.

It also seems to depend on the bike- on steep stuff 150mm on my Solaris somehow feels less out of the way than on the commencal. Suspect it’s something to do with the relative positions of the handlebars.

Andy-R

I’ve just done some quick calculations and I reckon that I can just get a 210mm post on my medium Liteville 301 Mk10, after some stealth routing mods. Ideal!

fathomer

Well with the new V2.1 actuator being available, I’ve ordered a 180mm, the longer the better! Had an original 170mm but it wouldn’t play nice with my frame due to the outer moving and a 170mm Brand X was just to long.

scruff
    Free Member

My 180 has just turned up 🙂

Northwind

ta11pau1

Subscriber

It shouldn’t matter what post you’re running, if the collar is slammed into the frame its the same regardless.

The shape/stack of the collar does make a difference though- it effectively adds onto the undroppy length of the post. So does saddle clamp height.

1timmy1
    Free Member

My 180 has just turned up 🙂

@scruff
    when did you order it?

ta11pau1

The shape/stack of the collar does make a difference though- it effectively adds onto the undroppy length of the post. So does saddle clamp height.

True, but I doubt even the lowest stack/collar height would cause trouble, maybe on an XS sized bike with masses of travel.

bigwill
    Free Member

Just fitted my 210 . Very solid feel to it but not too heavy, not weighed it but feels similar to the 170mm reverb it replaces. Very easy to install, most time was spent faffing on with getting the cable through the ridiculously tight internal routing on the bike, rest took about 15 minutes. If you are 6ft 5 plus or exceptionally long legged then this post is great, first time I can get my post slammed, well almost.

scruff
    Free Member

1timmy2?1, it arrived in 2days. I like the new lever, theres 3 holes to choose from to get a nice position. My 170 post had less than 10mm from seatclamp to post collar, new 180 has about 5mm. Collar is about same height but the lower bit under the saddle rails is lower profile.

chopchop
    Free Member

Fitted and ridden a 210 drop today, replacing a 170mm reverb (stealth ad). Looks and feels absolutely fine, does what it should the way it should, feels sturdy and a high quality finish to it. I still can’t slam the collar all the way into my frame at pedalling height, bring on the 250mm dropper!

ta11pau1

Got any pics of the reverb and one up posts? The Jeffsy above will be my next bike and I’m very tempted by a reverb AXS but a 170mm will still leave loads of room, it’s a shame the new reverb design hasn’t made it to the axs version.

1timmy1
    Free Member

My 180 has arrived, will hopefully install it tomorrow. If my measuring was correct it will be slammed in my frame.

Northwind

Mine’s going to fit with just a few mm spare, delighted. Spent yesterday fitting its outgoing Revive to another bike, just going to put it into the Remedy. I’m sure that’ll be worth 10 megavalanche places, right? And will totally make up for me being unfit.

Northwind

Bugger, no mine is not going to fit with a few mm spare, it’s going to not fit by about 2 inches- turns out the insertion length is way more than I thought.

Anyone want to buy a completely new 31.6 210mm dropper? Fitted most of the way into a frame once 🙁

Back I go to paltry 185mm, the shame

1timmy1
    Free Member

Just installed mine following the instructions and it wasn’t extending back up properly. Turns out the seat post clamp can’t be too tight, more then 5nm was too tight for mine. Just a heads up if anyone else runs into the same situation.

Other than that it looks good. My measuring was spot on and this is the longest dropper I can physically fit in my bike. Looking forward to testing it out properly.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Got mine (30.9×210)! Just need a frame for it to go on now…

big_scot_nanny

Mine (210) sadly did not arrive in time for alps trip (missed it by a day, dammit), but has now been fitted to the hard tail, replacing a 170 brand x using existing, now quite old, wolf tooth lever.

Say, that’s a nice dropper. My, what a long shaft etc etc…

Not ridden it yet, installation was simple, it really is very low stack at the collar so I’ve still got about 30mm to spare. Looking forward to the 240 🙂

Looking forward to the ride tomorrow

snooze
    Free Member

If anybody is interested I’m selling a V2 180mm dropper with the 22.2mm separately clamped lever for £140. I ordered it last week but it’s slightly too long for my frame (schoolboy error). PM if you’re interested.

big_scot_nanny

does anyone know the diameter of the stanchions in the Brand x compared to the one-up V2 210?

Side by side, the one-up seems to be significantly more beefy.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Quick question which is probably obvious when I’ve got the post in front of me but – When fitting the cable do you need a ferrule at the seatpost end?

big_scot_nanny

yessir, you do need that ferrule

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘PSA: The OneUp 210mm dropper post is finally in stock and orderable’ is closed to new replies.