Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • PSA: Tactical IT Watch
  • docgeoffyjones

What no picture of the watch?

redthunder
    Free Member

Only 10 left 😉

Poopscoop

Bloody hell! I clicked it thinking it would be £30 or something.

Nope. £1600.😐

tall_martin

It’s made of metal, that must justify the price tag!

ta11pau1

**** me, how much?!

tomhoward

**** me, how much?!

I’d sooner not, so 6 figures I reckon.

ta11pau1

I’d sooner not, so 6 figures I reckon.

🤣🤣

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

One of these, a pair of Oakley’s that’s me sorted for joining Ukraine’s foreign legion. It’ll be just like COD won’t it!

Slava Ukraine.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Is it ok if I just get the flag and say Slava Ukraine on social media rather than the picking up a rifle bit.

Maybe bang on some pots and pans with the neighbours or something.

oldnpastit

I shall get one on the cycle to work scheme.

CountZero

It’s made of metal, that must justify the price tag!

Titanium, actually, so it’s always going to be expensive. All that circuitry is just pretty patterns, adds nothing to the functionality, as far as I can see.
    I’ve got one G-Shock, with an analogue display and supplementary digital display, but the bloody thing gains about a minute a week, and can’t be regulated, plus you have to sit with a thumbnail holding down a stupid little button to make the hands go round and round and round and round and round while one’s soul dies bit by little bit, minutes of one’s life that you can never get back.

Cost me £75, too. 🙁

funkmasterp

That’s genuinely hurting my eyes! Is that the purpose I wonder. To blind your enemies in close quarters combat overwhelm them with the amount of words that can be crammed on to a display.

julians
    Free Member

I have a plastic one of those, think it cost £60 about 10 years ago

v8ninety

Oh come on. I’ve seen some of the monstrosities shown off on the ‘watches N+1’ thread, there’s people on here that will snap that up!

matt_outandabout

Errrrr.
    Barf.

ernielynch

Is that a small thermal exhaust port I can see top right?

martinhutch

Had one of those in the 80s for about 30 quid. Paying a grand and a half for something with Casio written on it seems like an interesting choice.

Is that a small thermal exhaust port I can see top right?

Well, it looks like a fully operational battle station.

I like my metal square, but it was £350. That thing is awful 🙄

[url=https://www.flickr.com/gp/85252658@N05/48FB04UT06]2020-11-29_10-08-59[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

Cougar

I really like that. Well worth the sixteen quid asking price.

What?

mogrim

Think I’ll stick to my Garmin g-shock lookalike!

dudeofdoom

Ah the 1.6G Shock version.

I’m not so sure about it,don’t get why people think it’s expensive metal either what’s the price per kg in relation to how many grams that watch is ?

willard

Meh, I used a 20 quid Timex Ironman Triathlon with the thinking that, if it got broken when I was dong stupid things I would not be too sad and could just spend another twenty quid on it. IT STILL LIVES. I only switched to a Forerunner 235 when I moved over here.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Only 10 left 😉

Is that because they smashed the rest to prevent too much ugliness in one place?

fasthaggis

Ordered using ThruDark loyalty card
    Thanks for the PSA
    Only 9 left

cookeaa

I like my metal square, but it was £350.

Still far too much TBH. IIRC my 5610 was £80 odd and that’s about as much as anyone should ever really consider spending on a G-Shock…

Of course at the end of the day there’s only ever been one true “Tactical Watch”:

Now get to the Chopper!

Cougar

Only 9 left

It’s OK. It seems there’s quite a lot of choice.

https://shockbase.org/watches/modules_dyn.php?module=3459

Kryton57

Ffs Cookaa, Arnie never wore the Pepsi, and the one you pictured is the V2 re-issue! (The best one in a lot of peoples opinion btw)

zigzag69
    Free Member

Strong ‘tick’ of the spear vibes…

Pfft. Anyone that has served knows what a real tactical watch is…

dhague

Indeed – I served as a British Cycling commissaire and the F-91W was my weapon of choice. At the tip of the spear, etc. etc.

chewkw
    Free Member

I wear this one (GW-M5610) with different composite strap. If they increase the digital font size I will buy it again instantly.

Casio

Still far too much TBH. IIRC my 5610 was £80 odd and that’s about as much as anyone should ever really consider spending on a G-Shock…

To be fair, you aren’t getting solar powered, Bluetooth and multiband time signals for £80. It should have been £450

My mudmaster was circa £450 reduced from £600 and paid £750 for the MTG-B1000

politecameraaction
    Free Member

Anyone that has served knows what a real tactical watch is…

I now believe you served in ‘Ghan. But on which side?
    https://www.watchesofespionage.com/blogs/woe-disptach/casio-f-91w-the-preferred-watch-of-terrorists

I now believe you served in ‘Ghan. But on which side?

You got me bro.

scuttler

That terrorist article up there ^^

Holy shit the epiphany of the author when he realises ‘in country’ (which is apparently near where the end of the spear is), that the bad guys benefit from being able to tell the time too!

It is entirely possible that this individual was using the Casios to construct IEDs, but equally likely that he was using the timepieces for the same purpose as CIA officers rely on mechanical watches: to tell time. After over two decades of war, the ISIS militants were savvy. The most sophisticated ones developed tradecraft that could rival a Western intelligence service, and even the less experienced terrorists understood that carrying a mobile phone that constantly pings the closest cellphone towner while operational could lead to their demise. The watch offered a simple tool to tell time because even for terrorists, time matters.

ernielynch

The photograph of Osma bin Laden in that article wearing a Casio F-91W was chilling.

More information here highlighting the importance of keeping an eye out for bearded foreigners wearing Casio F-91Ws :

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/apr/25/guantanamo-files-casio-wristwatch-alqaida

Kryton57

To be fair, you aren’t getting solar powered, Bluetooth and multiband time signals for £80. It should have been £450

Yes you are. I have the 5610 Chewkw pictured and paid £84 from Amazon. Bluetooth’s a bit unecessary in the way G Shock use it anyway if its multi band 6

squirrelking
    Free Member

I like that but not for that money. Hopefully it will go the way of those daft over the head Oakleys and end up dirt cheap for 5 minutes so I can get one.

politecameraaction
    Free Member

You got me bro.

I see you’ve got the vegetable-tanned organic hemp 2-point tactical sling from Brooks. A pricey choice but at the tip of the spear etc etc.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.