Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • PSA; Strathpuffer 2013 Finally on't Telly
  • robgarrioch

Been waiting a while for The Adventure Show’s coverage (if only to see if they interview Guy Martin + the Memorial-Ride teams)

Adventure Show 17-03-2013

Hope the discriminated-against can find BBC2 Scotland somewhere in their TV package

Nipper99
    Free Member

Never sure why this prog isn’t on all the BBC channels – we have to put up with Weatherman Walking here in Wales.

pete68
    Free Member

Cheers for that, just set it to record. For any of you with sky, BBC 2 Scotland is channel 970.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

lovely, cheers, been waiting for this to come on

Northwind

It’s just not the same since they stopped sending Dougie out to face certain death though. “So, I’ve borrowed this very racy XC bike that I’ve never ridden before, with racing ralphs, might as well just hit me with a hammer…”

epicyclo

Northwind – Member
    It’s just not the same since they stopped sending Dougie out to face certain death though. …

My goal at the ‘Puffers is always to get more laps in than the media star telling us how hard it is. Always managed it with Dougie. Disappointed he still isn’t doing it. Guy Martin sets the bar way too high for me and he doesn’t complain about a wee bit of discomfort. 🙂

euain

Dougie’s great – he makes it all look so hard!

A group of us did the Snow Roads Audax route (300km road cycle). Or very close to it anyway – completely by accident as we’d never heard of the Snow Roads Audax at the time.

A month or 2 later The Adventure show covered the Audax. Scared me to look at it – and mates who’d watched the program decided I was either completely mad or superhuman. Thanks Dougie!

Northwind

epicyclo – Member

Guy Martin sets the bar way too high for me and he doesn’t complain about a wee bit of discomfort.

I upheld STW honour then by hammering him in the endurance downhill :mrgreen:

breadcrumb

Thanks for he PSA, I thought it was Monday night. Can’t see my interview being on, I kept looking at the camera even when told not to!

euain

No chance I’ll be on the film. My brother got a monologue in a couple of years ago talking about how it brings everyone together etc…

They had a camera in my face in the morning before it started as I woke up and tried to get a brew on. Much cursing from me, he asks, “Have you done this before then?”. I reply, “Yup, but I think I’ve just got the fuel bottle upside down”. “No, I meant the event..?”.

It didn’t get any more coherent or interesting after that…

grtdkad

Bump. Set to record …

rickmeister

Nice one, thanks. Will be keeping an eye out for our team…

bedmaker

One of my team mates was getting followed by the film crews this year (Cockburns Haggis Hunters) Looking forward to seeing it.
    I’m the guy squeezing the life out of a cat at the beginning 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

Im fairly sure mrs tr and the other divas are on it.

They were interviewed before giving it the cursed ” we are here to win ”

Then won

And got interviewed at the end to see how they did while i stood behind the camera man making faces trying to get them to laugh.

I passed dougies camera man followig dougie in the middle of te night on the solid ice fre road single track the year i soloed. He said “excuse me we are filming. “
    My reply ” oh sorry i thought this was a bike race not a film set”

It didnt get included. 🙁

tuffty
    Free Member

It’s channel 970 on freesat too, for those like me who refuse to pay into Murdoch’s empire 😉

wisepranker
    Free Member

Does anyone know if you can get it on Virgin Media?
    If so, which channel?

Harry_the_Spider

Terrahawk of this parish won it. I’m looking forward to his post race interview.

martinxyz
    Free Member

bump

epicyclo

Harry_the_Spider – Member
    Terrahawk of this parish won it…

on a singlespeed 🙂

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Cheers for the heads up. Set to record

lizzz
    Free Member

Anyone know if it can be watched online anywhere? IPlayer doesn’t show BBC2 Scotland.

bigj205
    Free Member
    lizzz
    Free Member

Awesome thanks, I didnt see that one. 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

Luke stole show!

bigjim

not sure about that guy’s bad enough being beaten by a girl, nevermind being youths chat, not very sporting!

Northwind

Good that! Forgot Steve D was in it.

trail_rat
    Free Member

3 women in that race only ??

b45her
    Free Member

respect to one of the youth riders on an alpine 160 lol

roady_tony
    Free Member

ditto bigjim, what a tosser he was.

I noticef a cross bike at the start but did not see it again. little brave.
    seemed lots are running 29rs these days.
    shame womens scene is so poor, what could be done? plenty of talented riders out there…

roverpig

To be fair, he did say that if they could beat them then good on them and would you want to be beaten by a 14 year old girl !! Sounded like a pretty honest and light hearted response to me, but obviously he should have gone on a media training course before actually daring to have fun on camera.

Northwind

It just seemed like a flat joke to me. There’s 2 options, either believe he’s a **** or believe he was aiming for funny, why believe the former?

roady_tony
    Free Member

why say it at all, its a pointless statement that helps neither women or kids get into the sport and enforces the viewpoint that its male dominated…

munrobiker
    Free Member

The bloke on the cross bike was a bit of a menace- I saw him at least twice getting hooked on things in the transition area blocking people’s way.

I’ve not seen it yet, obviously I was on it for a few minutes, and I can’t remember what I said about Chris because they got me at about 10pm and I was knackered and hungry and had a head full of racing so I hope I was eloquent enough.

Sort of looking forward to watching it tonight, though not sure if it’ll be comfortable viewing.

roverpig

why say it at all, its a pointless statement that helps neither women or kids get into the sport and enforces the viewpoint that its male dominated…

Because somebody stuck a camera in his face, in the middle of the night, when he was tired, told him that they were being chased by a bunch of kids (including a teenage girl) and expected him to say something interesting. Give the guy a break. He clearly realised what he’d said straight away and would undoubtedly have been just as impressed as the rest of us if the “kids” had won, which they would have done were it not for some bad luck.

swavis

You were fine Luke 😉

munrobiker
    Free Member

Yes, apart from the sore arse, sore legs, sore head, gritty eyes, cold toes and empty stomach 😉

bedmaker

Really?

Perhaps if the camera crew gave him an hour or so to prepare a statement he’d have said something different 🙄

I got a camera shoved in my face at one point and I thought of loads of cool witty stuff to say …just after the cameragirl walked away.

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve not seen it yet, obviously I was on it for a few minutes, and I can’t remember what I said about Chris because they got me at about 10pm and I was knackered and hungry and had a head full of racing so I hope I was eloquent enough.

No need to worry. You were fine.

br
    Free Member

Guy Martin sets the bar way too high for me and he doesn’t complain about a wee bit of discomfort.

Did they on purpose edit Guy out – or not actually film him?

Seems odd, can’t imagine there were any other world-class sportsmen from other disciplines there.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Seems odd, can’t imagine there were any other world-class sportsmen from other disciplines there.

Ahem.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘PSA; Strathpuffer 2013 Finally on't Telly’ is closed to new replies.