Home Forums Bike Forum PSA – SRAM components on sportpursuit

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • PSA – SRAM components on sportpursuit
  • grahamt1980

https://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/sram-jul24?sp_nav=ct-11.ev-27210.

Seem to be a few decent deals. If people are looking

frogstomp

£5 off a £30+ spend with code 7134-SP-5 too (today only).. covers postage.

mashr

Some of the titles and descriptions don’t seem to match, but otherwise looks like some good deals to be had. Cheapest damper upgrades (ignoring aftermarket stuff) I’ve seen in a UK for a good while

vinnyeh

Copywriter/editor needs the boot.

“RW Damper Monarch Plus RC3 Component (15X100mm Thread Length 9Mm/Thread Picht 1/5mm Black)” no mention of size

“Damper UPGrade Kit RockShox Lyrik/Yari Component (12 Speec 2 Button Thumb Shifters Black/Red)”

IHN

Some of the titles and descriptions don’t seem to match

Some of titles, pictures and descriptions don’t match, like all three are different.

IHN

Dumb question time:

1) Will an Eagle 12spd quicklink work on a Shimano chain?

2) They say that the Powerlock links are not reusable, but are they really?

johnnystorm

I’ve never had an issue using quicklinks from one brand with another and have certainly re-used them after cleaning chains a few times. When you can pop them open between finger and thumb it’s time for a new one!

grahamt1980

Their descriptions are always a bit shit.

I just take the view i can return it if something is wildly different

desperatebicycle

Their descriptions are always a bit shit.

Yeah they’re not techie people! They just take the description given to them. I once contacted them to say the cam they were listing as an HD cam was not HD, but they wouldn’t change it!

eg. this:

IHN

Well, I’ve stuck an order in, let’s see what appears….

desperatebicycle

PG970 is 11 speed cassette apparently .

honourablegeorge

Prices are not especially low, Id sooner order from Germany and know what i was getting for sure

DickBarton

Code RSC brakes (without hoses apparently for £155) – seems a great price…however, the hoses aren’t cheap.

mattrockwell
    Free Member

Biketart have had RSCs for about £130 now, with hoses. I’m sure it was buried somewhere in the old PSA mega thread.

nickc

They say that the Powerlock links are not reusable, but are they really?

I’ve always used the rule “same power-link on the same chain over its life-time”, so I’ve chucked the link when I’ve chucked the chain, but used it again if just splitting [and then re-joining] the chain for cleaning.

I think you’re supposed to throw the links away after each use, so a fresh Powerlink to re-join a split chain.

I have had them break on me a couple of times, so I guess it depends on your appetite for risk.

chakaping

Seems like one for those who like a flutter, as it’s a gamble that you’re gonna get what you’re hoping for.

the old PSA mega thread.

Too soon to mourn its passing? :(

ElShalimo

have they got an Apex1 rear derailleur ?

The one on my Camino is a little tired

desperatebicycle

The have X01 rear mechs, X1/3/5, EX1, GX1 & 2.1, Rival, but no Apex. However, they might have the descriptions wrong! :)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.