Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • PSA – OneUp Components 42t Sprocket
  • honourablegeorge

$15 off with code nsmboneup at checkout

bikeneil
    Free Member

Crikey! $15 dollars off? I’m surprised they’ve got any left.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Where do you enter it? No field on checkout screen…

alexdodd
    Free Member

Their compatibility mentions XT cassettes only, but what stops this being used with an SLX? Anyone care to elaborate?

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

I think on the SLX the 17t cog you have to remove is attached to another…

cookeaa

I think it’s due to the removed sprocket. The 17t on the XT is on its lonesome and easy to omit the same sprocket on an SLX is part of the middle cluster. Check the respective tech docs.

I guess you could disassemble an SLX cassette further of course.

honourablegeorge

omcanbefound – Member
    Where do you enter it? No field on checkout screen…

Paid for mine with Paypal, you do the Paypal bit first, then come back their site and enter it on the last page just before you confirm.

alexdodd
    Free Member

Correct me if i’m wrong but you can just disassemble the SLX cassettle if you break the (unneccessary) rivets, right? So basically it is compatible then, just not technically “out the box”…

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Gotcha. Tnx

Dunno, but price difference between them is p low and the xt is allot lighter… Why bother with SLX if your already dropping 100 dolah on the top cog?

alexdodd
    Free Member

What happens if you already have an SLX cassette 😉

And tbh its an extra 60% (£20 SRP) more, and drops what only around 27 grams?! and is probably quicker wearing!

tomcanbefound
    Free Member
    davosaurusrex

Interesting…..running 3×10 with an 11-36 cassette, when I was riding last night I was thinking (not for the first time) that I could do with being forced to climb standing up more as it’s a better position for my knackered back. Would also like all the other 1×10 benefits. Thinking of a 34T narrow/wide front ring to avoid spinning out on the descents so much, anyone how much more effort is it to turn a 34F/42R compared to my current low gear 22F/36R? And yes I know all the info is out there on the interweb but I’ve had a few beers and can’t be arsed to look for it.

Northwind

Worth mentioning it’s a pre-order…

New BLACK RING orders shipping ~ Feb 24th New GREEN RING orders shipping ~ MAR 17th

alexdodd – Member

And tbh its an extra 60% (£20 SRP) more, and drops what only around 27 grams?! and is probably quicker wearing!

Being an awe-inspiring nerd I weighed an SLX and XT, on the 32T nine speed model more than half of the weight difference was from the alu lockring!

davosaurusrex

Like they said on the Pinkbike review the front ring on a 1×10 set up will probably wear out first as it has less teeth and much more use, makes the price seem a bit more palatable

proutster
    Free Member

Thanks, that’s £53.16 at PayPal’s current exchange rate, now all I need to do is get a narrow/wide chainring in time for the end of Feb 😀

davosaurusrex

So with a narrow/wide front ring that’s £100 for a 1×10 set up with gearing for us mere mortals. Got to be worth a go

Northwind

See this? This is me resisting.

Rik
    Free Member

Sounds like an absolute bargain!!!

£35 for 10 shimano cogs

£53 on special offer for one!!

Where do the all the fools sign up.

Northwind

Yes, because they are directly comparable.

iain1775
    Free Member

Thanks, that’s £53.16 at PayPal’s current exchange rate

Plus VAT @ 20%
    Plus obscene Parcelfarce charges to collect said VAT
    Prob nearer £65-70

davosaurusrex

It is expensive for a couple of bits of machined aluminium, no denying that. Compared to a Sram 1×11 set up though it is a bargain. Thanks for your input though Rik, much appreciated. Now be a good boy and jog on.

davosaurusrex

Fair points Iain. Still a lot cheaper than 1×11 though.

neiloxford
    Free Member

it is shipped from the UK…

Leku
    Free Member

Mine was shipped from uk. No extra tax etc payable.

Just waiting for current cassette to wear out before I fit mine.

Andy

hmm this is starting to make 1 x 10 very viable 🙁

iain1775
    Free Member

Ok didnt realise UK shipping, could be tempted now
    How people coping with the jump in gears without a 17t? Is it noticeable?

Mugboo

Wasn’t there a thread on here the other day about how difficult it was to set up due to the B tension screwthingy?

devs
    Free Member

2 weeks ago I would have splashed out instantly. Now I’m kinda enjoying manning up.

Northwind

My resistance lasted longer than expected!

campfreddie
    Free Member

All now sold out until March delivery.

I reckon that by then we will have the a Wolf Components and Works Components 40t options in play.

passtherizla
    Free Member

saw the wolf tooth offering before xmas.

wolftooth

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Any info on the works big cassette? Can’t find anything on their site and google just shows one up components…

fr0sty125
    Free Member

So XO1 groupset is about £600 A Shimano 1×10 11-42 is about £300 but will be about 200-250g heavier.

I think the Shimano option is even a good option if buying a whole new groupset.

AlexSimon

So XO1 groupset is about £600

Make sure you allow for a new BB and freehub body.
    And also, if you wear out the cassette it’s about £250 to replace at the moment (there’s a gamble there might be a cheaper version next year).

alexdodd
    Free Member

Another thought there is as soon as there are many competitors to the market (that are actually available), a price war should stabalise and lower the cost to us. One can only hope that anyway! 😉

davosaurusrex

I ordered one last night when I noticed the estimated sell out date. So with a 42t bail out gear I’m thinking of a 34t narrow/wide ring. What thinks the hive mind?

AlexSimon

What was your lowest gear before?
    Mine is 34×24 so that would be a 30t

davosaurusrex

36/24, want to do more standing climbing though and not spin out on the downs too much, think 34 on the front will be best compromise for me

AlexSimon

folly 🙂

davosaurusrex

You think? If it gets too much for my poor legs I’ll just get off and push, same as ever!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘PSA – OneUp Components 42t Sprocket’ is closed to new replies.