Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • PSA – North Face Down Jackets – Are they genuine though?
  • curvature
    Free Member

Just looked at these on ebay but not sure if genuine as they seem a little too cheap?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231089231867?var=530256782024&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Anyone care to comment?

peterfile
    Free Member

Unlikely.

£70 is cheap for a down jacket, never mind one which traditionally carries a high premium. if you look at the final picture, it says it’s got a fill power of 900 and is a summit series jacket. That label is from a top of the range jacket, one of the most expensive NF will make.

In addition, there’s no mention of a model name, which is not only odd for someone trying to attract buyers, but makes it hard to compare to the North Face stock photos. If you look here, it looks very like THIS jacket, which is also highly suspect. The Tahoe doesn’t look like that.

NF gear is probably the most faked outdoor gear around.

Finally, it’s being sold by a fairly new ebayer with limited sales.

I’d avoid like the plague. Go Outdoors have their own brand down jacket at half price at the moment, which works out at the same price. I’m not sure how good it is mind you.

garrrrpirate
    Free Member

Fake

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Fake

sausagefingers
    Free Member

Definitely fake.The seller is in Hayes but is having these posted direct from China.
    Oh and there’s nothing dodgy about the boatload of Converse that they’ve previously sold

winston_dog
    Free Member

HEIGHT 180 sm. and WEIGHT 80-90 kg – SIZE XXL

Definitely fake. NF XXL is bigger than that!

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Feather in a North Face ?

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

buy an alpkit

curvature
    Free Member

Thought so.

BoomBip
    Free Member

^^^ what ti_pin_man said – definitely the best option at that sort of money. I’ve got a North Face Nuptse from years back but, if it died, would replace with an Alpkit.

£70 for a waterproof (=high end) TNF down jacket means faker than a game show host.

CaptainSlow

If you’re after cheap TNF I still have a Parker for sale. I’ve not worn it since posting this http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-northface-mcmurdo-parka-black-xl

theflatboy
    Free Member

If they’re still doing them, Cotswold seem to buy the entire stock of pretty nice Berghaus down jackets each winter and sell them at around £60 or thereabouts. Very good value, super cosy.

thejesmonddingo

The stitching pattern on the ebay jacket is distinctive,and unlike anything in the current TNF lineup,most likely fake,if the price is too good to be true,then it ain’t true.

trail_rat
    Free Member

meh – see past the label.

mines a 50 quid 700 fill nike jacket from TK maxx – point being – i know it will keep me warm and i dont care if it gets ruined at bike races.

what you linked to – i wouldnt like to rely on it to keep me warm – nor stay in one piece tbh…

DezB
    Free Member

From China? Not renowned for their fake goods are they? 🙂

marcus7
    Free Member

If i recall dont NF embroider the fill on the sleeve? Mrs has one and im pretty sure it says 700 or similar and before the flaming it came from gaynors in ambleside in a sale at around £70 (she is small enough to fit in kids stuff).

midlifecrashes

If you want a cheap down jacket, H&M have some in at the minute, £35! Well toasty according to the try on in the shop under the halogen lighting test!
    http://www.hm.com/gb/product/16294?article=16294-D#article=16294-A

DezB
    Free Member

You do realise which site you’ve posted that on, midlifecrashes? 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m struggling to find a nice warmish waterproofish and decent looking jacket for mooching around in. The down ones are generally designed to work as a layer and so not remotely waterproof. The down shells are massive expedition jackets. The fashion jackets/parkas are mostly not warm or waterproof. As much as I don’t want a TNF parka, there are not many alternatives apart from Canada Goose which are a fortune.
    Anyone have experience of Fjallraven Greenland (winter) parkas?

DezB
    Free Member

When I’m standing around on wet days watching the kid play rugby, I just layer up under my snowboard coat.

Some good prices here http://www.boardridersguide.com/snow-1/brands/cheap-snowboard-jackets

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Been wanting a down jacket for ages… but couldn’t help feeling wearing a branded one, walking down sunny Brentwood’s highstreet would be rather knobby

So got that H&M one in the rust colour… it’s light, warm and a decent fit… but I wouldn’t take it anywhere near somewhere real down jackets are designed for.

trail_rat
    Free Member

wrecker – doesnt have to be down to be warm

as long as the outside windproof and waterproof fleece can be plenty warm.

down wins on its packability vs warmth.

this countries largely windchill ime though. – bar the puffer i spend most of the winter mooching about in a buffalo active smock when im not riding.

wrecker
    Free Member

I had a buffalo, but they’re a bit “pussers” for me (for casual), great in the field though. I also have a Rab microlight alpine but I get fed up with hiding every time it rains. I don’t care if it’s down, just want a nice winter coat. Fit is the other problem, an athletic cut would suit rather than the narrow shoulders and huge waist/hips many manufacturers favour.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

tattoo this on your forehead

YOU CAN NOT BUY BRANDED GOODS FROM CHINA

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘PSA – North Face Down Jackets – Are they genuine though?’ is closed to new replies.