• This topic has 64 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by z1ppy.
Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • PSA- New Orange Gyro Pro's £1200.
  • breninbeener

Mine was dispatched yesterday and its here now.

pleasantly surprised it has Hope evo front hub….

Bregante

granny_ring – as you’ve asked twice 🙂

They’re not especially light. My large is a frame only build with fairly average parts (flows on Hope, reverb, X0 gears and SLX brakes, Thomson finishing bits and Manitou Towers) is around 30lbs I’d guess. Not weighed it and have no intention of doing so.

Heavier than the 130 mm 26″ Nicolai I had before it but much much faster.

My frame cost me 850 Euros in February so I reckon mine still cost me a little less than the clearance ones 8) .

chevvy
    Free Member

Did anyone receive pedals with there bikes ?

breninbeener

Im certain the spec said it was coming with flat pedals. However i didnt receive any. I have sent them an email regarding this.

I sent the mail on Sat am, so im not expecting a reply til tomorrow

chevvy
    Free Member

I was also sure that the spec stated that flat pedals were included,
    I will also email them 🙂

breninbeener

Also the non driveside swinging arm has the rear brake hose running through it, and mine doesnt have a rubber grommet to prevent the hose being damaged

chestrockwell

I’m sure if you contact them they’ll sort it.

droppinneutron
    Free Member

That famous Orange service…

Goldigger
    Free Member

Bloody hell, you get a bargain bike for £1200 that should have been £2800..
    And your moaning about pedals not being supplied.
    get some superstar nanos for £24 using code XMAS14, and be happy. Today only code though.

All though if you ask Orange nicely, they might send someone to ride the bike for you too..
    😀

rickon
    Free Member

There wont be a grommet on the exit of the swingarm, by the caliper. There will be on the entrance by the seattube.

There wont be any movement at the rear, but there will be at the seattube end.

Pedals…. any given free with a bike will be poo. Buy some decent ones. Nukeproof or Superstar are some good budget options that are excellent.

breninbeener

Whilst i agree ive been lucky to happen across such a deal, the spec given by Orange went into minute detail as to what items had been changed and what had been substituted in its place.

I firmly doubt Orange would have sent me the bike if i sent them £40 less than the asking price, so it seems that we are both part of contract.

The arrival of a bike that I couldnt ride due to the missing parts was also a little frustrating on a rare free weekend.

I can only assume that keeping your word, or the pressures of dwindling free time are concepts that are alien to you.

scunny
    Free Member

The arrival of a bike that I couldnt ride due to the missing parts was also a little frustrating on a rare free weekend.

You couldn’t have taken pedals of another bike>

breninbeener

Sadly one was in the lbs and the other was being used by my daugher on a bikepack trip….

breninbeener

I had an email this morning telling me they would send me the pedals.

How fab is that?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

enjoy, blinding deal, glad they sold out as I dont need another bike!

breninbeener

I also dont need another bike, but im going to have fun riding it. Yeay!

chevvy
    Free Member

pedals are on there way 🙂

rickon
    Free Member

What pedals were they? Usually they’re cheap £5 jobbies, not £40 decent pedals.

breninbeener

Im afraid my email didnt say. With my current luck it will be DMR Vaults 🙂

In reality it will be plastic testride plop!

Free Member

Now taller folks can get some of the bargain Gyro action, XL Gyro pro now £1300!

http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/shop/factory/closeout/2014_gyro_pro_x-large_ice_white

hb70

Blimey. I upgraded only 4 months ago from a £500 starter 26er to a Giant Anthem 4 29er for £1000 which I really am enjoying. Will I really get a lot more out of one of these or should I just not be an idiot and ignore it?

damascus
    Free Member

Or you could buy one and bang it on eBay for a nice little profit.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=311250033021&alt=web

hb70

Thanks for the spot. I impetuously bought the last one on a credit card sitting up in bed on Saturday morning and am hoping it’ll be an improvement on my base model Giant Anthem 29er. If not it’ll go on Ebay. If I like it then the Anthem will. I know. Gear/noidea.

AlexSimon

damascus – Member

Or you could buy one and bang it on eBay for a nice little profit.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=311250033021&alt=web
    That’s someone I forwarded the deal to. Lesson learnt. I’ll have words.

z1ppy

Another XL popped up for £1500, buts gone already!

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘PSA- New Orange Gyro Pro's £1200.’ is closed to new replies.