Home Forums Bike Forum PSA: Lidl bike-packing bags

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • PSA: Lidl bike-packing bags
    tillydog
    Free Member

Just done the weekly shop and see that Lidl are doing handlebar and frame bags for £7.99 each.

I came home with a handlebar bag that has a double-ended roll fastening. It seems to be reasonable quality (in absolute terms – exceptional quality for the price).

Can’t see any mention of them as current offers on their website though.

Edit to add: These are different to the ones that were on sale a few years ago: No separate compartment, simpler handlebar attachment & double-ended closure.

captaintomo
    Free Member

They also had pannier bags for £9.99 in two different styles.

dc1988

They were released a few weeks ago so it’s probably the scrag ends in your local shop, hence not being online any longer.

tillydog
    Free Member

They were released a few weeks ago so it’s probably the scrag ends in your local shop, hence not being online any longer

Ahh, must have missed them (or they weren’t originally in my local, as I’m in there pretty much every week.)

fatface1
    Free Member

Keep an eye on the bag where the bar-attachment straps run though. I saw the bag a few weeks ago, bought one as it seemed like fantastic value. When I got home and tried it on my hardtail, I noticed there was a split starting where the straps ran through the bag. It may have been just a faulty bag I picked up, but it looked like a stress point that I’d rather have not being flimsy.

If you get a few trips out of it, you’ve got your money’s worth.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.