Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • PSA: Le Mans 24hr this w/e
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Anyone watch this?

I’ve been a fan since an old mate tried it back in the early 90’s and have watched it ever since.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Ahhh it always sneaks up on me, must go one year. Love the crazy night time onboard footage.

The-Beard

Really annoyed I’m not going this year. It’s absolutely brilliant, be there next year for sure! The LMP cars look amazing and watching the night laps is absolutely stunning. Oh yes I might be a bit of a fan! Kicks F1’s arse…

PePPeR

And here was me thinking this thread would have audio and visual links 😆

bikebouy
    Free Member

We almost got there this year, a friend of MrsBouy invited us but we’ve got cattle to look after this w/e so I shall be catching it on Eurosplat instead..

iain65
    Free Member

Nice not to be going this year, have worked at the event most years since 1995 – there is definitely something special about the event however, it’s a bit like a magnet!

Will watch some of it on TV, my aim is to go one year with the lads and camp, drink beer and all the other good things that people do there.

If anyone has not been then you are missing out, very recommended.

Iain

titusrider
    Free Member

Truth in 24 is on Netflix for all you enthusiasts

Documents the 2011 race from the point of view of the Audi marketing dept 😉 but worth a watch for me coz that’s the year I went

Would deffo recommend going, my advice would be don’t try and make it through the night!

CountZero

Watching some of the qualifying earlier, the unpredictable weather is playing havoc with tyre selection and lap times, they have no idea which parts of the circuit are wet or dry at any given moment. Going to be an interesting race… 😀

stufield
    Free Member

Trying to watch mate on the 98 car, he’ll be toping it up with oil during pit stops, he also designed the engine… he rides his bike almost as fast as this goes.

trevron73
    Free Member

I love le mans, ive been to 2 races and 1 practice (1 month before) they race for 12 hours over night to iron out any niggles ,i prefers F1 ,but Le Mans is awesome ,great fans and access to nearly all the paddock and teams , i was there working for Aston martin and there 007 car in 2006/7.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Been half a dozen times. A fantastic atmosphere. Just haven’t been since we had kids. It’ll be a family visit before long though.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Did anyone see the little interview with Sebastian Loeb? That car they’ve built for another famous race (can’t remember) looked mental fast. Seems the chap is doing Le Mans next year in some way or other.

andermt
    Free Member

They have been streaming the practice live on the website (for those without Eurosport)

http://www.fiawec.com/

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Loeb is doing pikes peak hill climb in a 208 “T16” he was due to race le mans this year but think there were funding issues he is racing a Maclaren in the GT series though and doing pretty well.

Love le mans been once still remember the sound of the corvettes and the car park and campgrounds have some nice cars for the petrolhead to enjoy.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Loeb won the Pikes Peak hill climb in style first person to break the 9min barrier with an 8:13 😯

Gifted chap!

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=27997

flange
    Free Member

without wishing to detract from Loebs achievement, isn’t this the first year Pikes Peak has been fully tarmac’d?

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Dunno, still seems to be hauling ass

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6QKdnz8i14E[/video]

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Think it was fully tarmac last year and possibly 2011.

Previous record holder Ryhs Millen completed the course in 9:02 this year so Loeb is still way ahead and was doing it for the first time. But would love to have seen him do it on the mixed surface suspect he may still have been quickest.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Le Mans 24hr this w/e’ is closed to new replies.