Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • PSA: Jones Truss fork owners
  • timbur
    Free Member

Cheap Hope Fatsno hubs are CRC;

135mm 15mm (assume you can get QR end caps for it) as well as 142mm 15mm for original Plus bikes;

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hope-pro-2-evo-fatsno-front-hub-15mm/rp-prod136920

bonesetter
    Free Member

Thanks

Can these be spaced out to 150 *which my truss is)

birdage

No orange!

timbur
    Free Member

bonesetter – no idea. 150 is the new PLUS size and you’d need to have a chat with Hope about end caps I think. Maybe the Fatsno Pro4?

Matt- no, they have some taste :O)

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Snooze you lose…

The final Hope RDS Fatsno Pro2 135mm q/r front hub went overnight for ~£33, I decided to mull the purchase over, given I have an RDS On One fatty front wheel ready to use with the Carbon Fatty fork… Scone!

I’ve known they were on CRC for a few months, but given I’ve never had custom wheels built (and I dread to think how much it might cost), I decided having a decent spare hub just in case wasn’t a good way to spend my limited “treats” money. But already I’m kind of regretting not pulling the trigger on that £33 blue hub last night, they were ~£47 up until very recently. 😳

The Fatsno 4 front hubs are now back at ~£64, including 10 that come in 135mm FDS q/r flavour (i.e. would fit the default Wazoo fork), still plenty left in stock for those of you with 150mm Axle forks such as the Blutos.

riddoch

I got the last purple one on that basis of its better to have it cheap as a spare rather than full price when I actually need it. It can sit on the shelf next to the bottom bracket I got earlier in the year.
    My lbs charges something like £40 if you provide hub and rim.

timbur
    Free Member

Purple? It’s not 1988!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Form follows function. 😉

Sensible colours like black were not an option two days ago. 😆

timbur
    Free Member

It was when I order one :OP

Stevet1
    Free Member

Purple? It’s not 1988!

Purple is not a crime!

timbur
    Free Member

It so is as well you know. It was cool back in the day. No sequels match up to the original :O)

riddoch

In my defense there was only purple or blue left of the qr version when I bought it.

timbur
    Free Member

😀

I have an opinion, it doesn’t make me right.
    (I’ve got a gold king headset on a green bike. No taste!)

Andy

Well my Black 142 x 15 hub arrived today (I have QR endcaps for it). Sadly though its an FDS and I need an RDS so will be going back 🙁

Thanks for the PSA though Timbur

ton

anyone running hope rear?

I forgot how bloody annoying they are. like to the point of swapping it for something else.

timbur
    Free Member

It did say FDS on the listing Andy!
    Whack it on eBay and make some cash 😈 or sell it to one of them above up there who ended up with “bin end” colours 😆

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Jones Truss fork owners’ is closed to new replies.