Home Forums Bike Forum PSA Hope Pro 5

• This topic has 19 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by ogden.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • PSA Hope Pro 5
  • GeForceJunky

Bargain, cheers. I ordered a rear to match the crazy cheap front I got from CRC for the wheel set I don’t need.

submarined
    Free Member

Dammit, no silver to match the crazy cheap rear I got from CRC for the wheel set I don’t need.

Conan257
    Free Member

Thank god, for a second I thought these were full wheel prices after I recently spent a whole lot more on a rear wheel……..

tall_martin

Sadly no 28h rear boost rears in blue.

oikeith

Must resist…

SirHC

Cheers, missed out on a front, but have a rear.

ads678

Sweet, been wanting to build a new wheel set for a while. Now to look for rims…

mattrockwell
    Free Member

481 rims for £50 is a bargain!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Fortunately for my bank balance, the size spec I need isn’t available. Great PSA though.

chakaping

Thanks for this PSA (I think), got the HG steel freehub version with a view to a future Linkglide setup (or going back to 10 speed).

And picked up an EX471 27.5 rim for £50 from Biketart to get it built into a rear wheel for my mullet setups.

:)

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

All those variations yet no torque caps one, come on Merlin.
    Actually that goes for most other stores as well.

chakaping

If the Pro 5 Torque Caps are the same as the Pro 4 ones – I’ll swap you mine for the standard 15mm jobbies

:)

ads678

Bought a couple of 481 rims from the Biketart eBay page as well. Strangely if you buy from there you get them cheaper for buying 2 or 3, so paid £46 each and free delivery as well!

Anyone got any recommendations for spokes?

a11y

Superb PSA, thanks (I think).

Managed to get pair in silver: front 110 x 20 ‘Superboost’ which I’m hoping I can swap in 15mm end caps, and a 148×12 XD rear. Combined with XM481s from Biketart – thanks @submarined! – that’s a great set of wheels for £300ish (I already have a stash of spokes, so I don’t count their cost, right?)

Onzadog
    Free Member

I hoverd over the 11 x 5 QR black hub. Which of you buggers snaffled it?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Good PSA.

Mrs-t-r sunset orange salsa Vaya is getting some purple pro 5s in 100*12 and 135quick release.

Been looking for a decent replacement for the many times cobbled together awful sealed wtb hubs that are on their last legs.

chiefgrooveguru

I’ve been thinking about a 27.5 boost rear wheel to mullet my Levo for ages – hub ordered, thanks!

I’m now debating getting an EX511 or EX471 rim for it, or reusing the rims (and spokes if they fit?) from the set of non-boost Flow EX / Pro 2 Evo wheels that have been lurking in the “things to sell” metaphorical corner for an eternity. Of course then I’ll have some old Hope hubs kicking around to sell…

WWSTWD?

ogden
    Free Member

@chiefgrooveguru No reason not to go for a EX511 really, especially on an ebike.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.