Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • PSA: Google Music under £2 album sale
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Currently enjoying Johnny Cash at Folsom Prison and also got Cash at St Quentin too. £2 each.

Looks like a deal with Sony
    https://play.google.com/store/music/collection/promotion_albums_2000440_sony_classic_albums

footflaps

Paying for music, how very retro!

CountZero

footflaps – Member
    Paying for music, how very retro!

You forgot the [/s].

DezB
    Free Member

£2 is hardly paying really!

footflaps

£2 is hardly paying really!

It’s the principle I object to 😉

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

find it difficult to pay for lossy MP3s, even at 320k

sandwicheater

Cheers stoner, couple of albums I don’t have.

Would recommend Dave Bruebeck for any Jazz fans.

DezB
    Free Member

lossy MP3s, even at 320k

Yeah! Johnny Cash’s Live albums were recorded in HD FLAC especially for hi-fi nerds and their NAD systems!

Stoner
    Free Member

lol @ dezzie.

I can hear the keys’a’jangling on the screw’s belt 🙂

eskay

What I don’t like about Google music is that it seems to lock the tracks away in a database so you cannot use them on other devices (eg a traditional mp3 player).

If there is a way, I would love to know!

swdan
    Free Member

What I don’t like about Google music is that it seems to lock the tracks away in a database so you cannot use them on other devices (eg a traditional mp3 player).

If there is a way, I would love to know!

I discovered this problem the other night having downloaded Transformer. Much googling didn’t seem to provide a solution so at present I can’t sonos it around the house!

Stoner
    Free Member

Google music is that it seems to lock the tracks away in a database so you cannot use them on other devices (eg a traditional mp3 player).

that’s completely the opposite of what you can do.

You can get your music on any device:

Android device – use Google Music to sync & Play
    PC via Browser – use play.google.com to access your music from where you can stream play, download the album as mp3 to play locally or move to a device or even Share it with a mate. And you can do that on any internet device, any time.

It’s far more versatile than Amazon or iTunes.

You can use Music Manager to download your entire library if you want to, or just tunes you want.
    https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1229970?hl=en-GB

eskay

Stoner, how do you get the downloadable mp3? I have been trying to do that for ages!

Edit: just seen your link.

Is that a new feature? I am sure that was not there a few weeks ago.

swdan
    Free Member

I’ll have to give that a go Stoner, the other night I was just using the phone and couldn’t find it on there anywhere, even after saving it to the device.

Can’t say I use itunes for anything else other than ripping CDs and downloading podcasts, never really got into this downloading music thing but at £2 thought it was worth a go

Stoner
    Free Member

go to your album in play.google.com and click on the three dots next to the Shuffle Albuym button and select “Download Album”

stumpy01

Gah! First the 12 days of Kindle books! Now this mucho cheapness!!
    Cheers. Will take a proper look later!

Probably at least 10 albums on there I’d quite like to get, that I don’t have currently! This January isn’t turning out to be as thrifty as I was hoping it would be 🙂

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

eah! Johnny Cash’s Live albums were recorded in HD FLAC especially for hi-fi nerds and their NAD systems!

They were probably better recorded than many albums nowadays, with all their compression.

Nad systems and hifi nerds is an oxymoron…

It’s the principal of buying a lossy format that doesn’t feel right…

DezB
    Free Member

Er, yeah. You wacky hi-fi nerds with your sense of humour eh

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Google Music under £2 album sale’ is closed to new replies.