PSA Garmin mount for the short of stem

Home Forum Bike Forum PSA Garmin mount for the short of stem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • PSA Garmin mount for the short of stem
  • Premier Icon Vortexracing
    Subscriber

I got my Soul wheels from them, great to deal with and that my Sir is a very neat solution to a lot of peoples problems

off to search the site for one for mine

cheers for the heads up

DT78

Very cool solution. SRAM have also just brought out a mount that clamps onto the bar but sits over the stem which I was going to buy when they come in stock on wiggle.

Can I ask how much this cost?

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

There’s the Tate Labs Bar Fly too.

Premier Icon cnud
    Subscriber

As far as I can make out the SRAM and Bar Fly ones interfere with the top cap on a short stem. Not sure on the retail price as Martyn had only just made them up, probably best to contact him

Premier Icon cnud
    Subscriber

So having lost one edge 200 via an o ring failure and departure on the current mounts, I have been using an old zip tie 301 mount and to be fair its ok but like the K edge out front mount that I also have, I don’t like the position as I really would like it over the stem. If you have a long enough stem then the K Edge can be mounted upside down which will put it over the stem but not if your running a 50mm this is also the case for the new Sram MTB mounts.

So I contacted Martyn at http://www.racewaredirect.co.uk
    and he provided me with exactly what I was after. A 3D printed stem cap Garmin mount. It’s now been in use for about a fortnight and has survived a couple of tumbles (front wheel wash outs in the dust!)so it’s fairly robust, weighs very little, mounts where I wanted it on a 50mm stem and so far hasn’t fell off. So big up to Martyn who I have no association with by the way and Racewaredirect. Highly recommended.
    [/url] image by Outlanderimaging, on Flickr[/img]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘PSA Garmin mount for the short of stem’ is closed to new replies.