Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • PSA Garmin mount for the short of stem
  • cnud
    Free Member

So having lost one edge 200 via an o ring failure and departure on the current mounts, I have been using an old zip tie 301 mount and to be fair its ok but like the K edge out front mount that I also have, I don’t like the position as I really would like it over the stem. If you have a long enough stem then the K Edge can be mounted upside down which will put it over the stem but not if your running a 50mm this is also the case for the new Sram MTB mounts.

So I contacted Martyn at http://www.racewaredirect.co.uk
    and he provided me with exactly what I was after. A 3D printed stem cap Garmin mount. It’s now been in use for about a fortnight and has survived a couple of tumbles (front wheel wash outs in the dust!)so it’s fairly robust, weighs very little, mounts where I wanted it on a 50mm stem and so far hasn’t fell off. So big up to Martyn who I have no association with by the way and Racewaredirect. Highly recommended.
    [/url] image by Outlanderimaging, on Flickr[/img]

Vortexracing

I got my Soul wheels from them, great to deal with and that my Sir is a very neat solution to a lot of peoples problems

off to search the site for one for mine

cheers for the heads up

DT78
    Free Member

Very cool solution. SRAM have also just brought out a mount that clamps onto the bar but sits over the stem which I was going to buy when they come in stock on wiggle.

Can I ask how much this cost?

scotroutes

There’s the Tate Labs Bar Fly too.

cnud
    Free Member

As far as I can make out the SRAM and Bar Fly ones interfere with the top cap on a short stem. Not sure on the retail price as Martyn had only just made them up, probably best to contact him

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘PSA Garmin mount for the short of stem’ is closed to new replies.