• This topic has 75 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Wally.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • PSA Garmin 810 for £140 @ Aldi
  • fivespot
    Free Member

Just been to local Aldi for a few bits and noticed Garmin 810’s reduced to £ £139.99……seems a bit of a bargain 🙂

antares
    Free Member

Worth an upgrade from an 800?

letmetalktomark

Worth an upgrade from a 500?

riddoch

DC Rainmaker’so website is your friend in these questions.
    I think the 810 give you connectivity via Bluetooth/wifi over the 800 but not much else. This means you can livetrack and routes get uploaded automatically to strada or garmins website.
    More of an upgrade from the 500 as it gives proper mapping,useful if you don’t plan routes and just play it by ear

pnik

I thought i got a bargain when they were 179.99 very good device, big upgrade from my 705. Oh well, c’est la vie,

joefm

Can you put made up routes onto it?

ade9933
    Free Member

Yes you can. The 810 is a great bit of kit. That seems a real bargain IMHO.

benwh1te
    Free Member

Popped down to the local Sheffield store for one of these but no luck. Lady on the telephone also said there were non in the area unfortunately. Anybody know of any stores with stock? It’d be very useful for the maps!

jamesmio
    Free Member

Daft Q, as I know very little about cycle Garmins – are these any good for off-road routes?

rossburton
    Free Member

Yes, they’re great.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Is it easy to transfer the unit between different bikes (mtb, good road bike, winter road bike)?

chakaping
    Free Member

Is it easy to transfer the unit between different bikes (mtb, good road bike, winter road bike)?

Very, but you may need to buy extra mounts for the MTBs.

tpbiker
    Free Member

just picked one up for 160 notes in Edinburgh (was priced at 180 but went through the till at 160) not sure if I got a bargain or have been had!

There were a few left.

Or you could buy my now surplus 800 going cheap….(although the ANT + function doesn’t workn on it!)

silentsi
    Free Member

Has anyone seen any near Nottingham?

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

tp biker, how much?

jekkyl

There are at least 5 Aldis that I can access, if anyone really needs one then email me. I’ve been keeping an eye out for them thinking they would come down in price and I’m sure at least 3 of those stores still have them in stock. My charge will be 4 cans of finest Stella Artois. Email in profile.

gauss1777
    Free Member

tpbiker: which Edinburgh store?

tpbiker
    Free Member

the one opposite the corn exchange!

tpbiker
    Free Member

likewise…if anyone desperate i could pop along road and pick one up for someone

I called the helpline..the looked to see which ed dstore had them in stock.

black mountain, make me an offer!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

looks like i will be phoning the customer service line in the morning to see if there are any locally for 140 as well.

gauss1777
    Free Member

tpbiker, thanks – I didn’t know they could search local stores, I’m hopefully getting one sent along from Tranent 🙂

[It’s a shame really, as I went last week to look, but they didn’t offer to search for me and I came away with another edge 200]

scaredypants

I know this might be looking a gift horse in the mouth but do these come with the sensors for speed, cadence etc ?

tpbiker
    Free Member

nope its the basic unit, mounts and charger only. In proper garmin box however, not the refurbed options available from some other places.

Doubt the’ll send one, but if you can’t make it along then let me know, its 5 min from my house. Happy to pick one up for you if you like. They had a few left apparently, plus one in the display cabinet. I was tempted to buy a few as I know folks on here would have wanted them (would of passed them on at postage, rather than try to make cash off them, but at 180 it didn’t seem a risk woth taking)

It said 180, but it went through as 160 quid on till. Didn’t challenge them that some dude off singletrack claimed it was £140, although I may if it can be proven they went for this price.

Some guy has one on sale on classifieds, brand new for £165 btw..

ade9933
    Free Member

you can buy the sensors separately for not too much money. OS maps are worth it too if you want to use for real off road routes navigation.

Free maps are fine for road use. I think I downloaded mine from talky toaster or something like that… it was a few years ago.

riddoch

If the pricing is like the edge 25, the drop in price seems to be regional and takes a while to get to everywhere and they never change the price on the label.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

139 down this way. an unexpected xmas pressie for me then.

silentsi
    Free Member

Where’s that Gav?

jonnyboi

open maps for the garmin 810 are fine, and free. I’ve used them in the UK, Ireland & France.

DC rainmaker has a guide on adding them.

silentsi
    Free Member

Just got a message from Aldi on twitter saying that they’ll be available in February for £89.99, which seems a bit too good to be true.

Tracey

Looks like the lowest price in the South Yorkshire stores are £159.
    Anyone seen them lower

silentsi
    Free Member

I asked Aldi if it is definitely the Garmin Edge 810 that will be £89.99 in February, they said ‘yes we can confirm that it is the sat nav Garmin 58’.

lowey

Just been into two stores in manchester, both have them in stock but both 179.99

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

Tp biker, have you got an email adress I can message you on? Alternatively my email is my username @Gmail.com

Cheers.

tpbiker
    Free Member

timpayne1976@hotmail.com

lowey, is that the display price or the till price. As above mine was at 179 on display but rang through till at 160.

lowey

Display price mate.

Even so… still a bargin.

tpbiker
    Free Member

ask them to scan it. should be cheaper

forzafkawi
    Free Member

I just picked up one for £125.99! That was the pukka, marked up price as well reduced from £179.99, so not ex-display. At that I price was thinking of buying 2-3 for friends but it was the last in store.

Thanks for the PSA 😀

Tracey

Just been down to the Parkgate store in Rotherham to pick one up. I’m told by customer services that this is the only store in South Yorkshire that has any left. The store managers price was £159 and no movement on that. I asked why they were at a bigger discount down south and was told that each store manager can set his price within the parameters. Asked if they would match the price but no luck.

For those in the area there were two left at the store at 2 o’clock

tpbiker
    Free Member

seems a total lottery in pricing! bit like planet x!

126 quid is phenomenal value. cheapest i can find online is 280

Tracey

Can you get a top cap mount to fasten them to that doesn’t stick it out in front of the bike

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘PSA Garmin 810 for £140 @ Aldi’ is closed to new replies.