Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • PSA – freerider pro primeblue
  • stevie750

Evans

£37 plus £5 postage as Mike hates free postage

danieljohnreynolds

Hmmm, what’s the catch??

chakaping
    Free Member

The rubber is a bit less sticky than the normal ones, and the uppers are canvas.

But for the price, no catch.

I’d get a pair if they had the half sizes.

weeksy

Epic PSA

hot_fiat

Just beware they are really, really narrow. I’m convinced adidas’ ergonomic models are based on the Kardashians.

Speeder

Just beware they are really, really narrow.

Width is fine so long as you don’t have spades for feet ;o), the length on the other hand, is ridiculous. Adidas seem to be working on a completely different sizing system to every other footwear company. Size up 1/2-1 size depending how you like yours to fit.

I’m tempted even if it would mean buying from Evans.

coconut
    Free Member

Yeah, size up with these. I’m a 12/12.5 in normal shoes, but ride 13.5 in these.

weeksy

They have the normal Freeriders too for £45. I got 2 pairs last night

HobNob
    Free Member

The rubber is a bit less sticky than the normal ones

Having had some, I’ll redefine ‘a bit less’ as significantly less, bordering on rubbish.

Al they needed to do was put the normal, sticky rubber sole on 🤦‍♂️

davosaurusrex

That’s also the Pinkbike comments section censensus, not a bargain if the grip is crap

willard

I have a pair I use for skydiving. They were a bargain and work well for hanging onto the side of the plane

MoreCashThanDash

I wear ordinary Freeriders as casual trainer type shoes, last well, really comfy, might grab myself another pair….

weeksy

I wear ordinary Freeriders as casual trainer type shoes, last well, really comfy, might grab myself another pair….

Me too, as does the boy

MoreCashThanDash

And I’m in – would be rude not to

YorkshireRipper
    Free Member

Got in on this PSA but made a mistake with my address. Then got stuck in the feedback loop that is trying to change it through website help and support.

Literally seems like there is no way to cancel or amend an order, I guess that’s what happens when you buy from a parasitical cretin like Mike.

Marin
    Free Member

Willard wins this thread!

willard

For the first and only time EVAH!

To be honest, I bought mine to use as a replacement “all the things” shoe, but they ended up getting used exclusively for jumping because they have a bit more cushioning in the sole to them than my old trainers did and the sole is grippier than (again) my old shoes were.

For normal use, they feel a bit “clumpy”, but they were a really good choice for jumping.

chakaping
    Free Member

Having had some, I’ll redefine ‘a bit less’ as significantly less, bordering on rubbish.

Al they needed to do was put the normal, sticky rubber sole on 🤦‍♂️

My pal thought his shock needed a service ‘cos he couldn’t keep his feet on the pedals like normal.

Then I spotted the thing about the rubber in a review of some Primeblue shoes.

Why would they do that?

Personally, I can still live with less grippy flat-pedal shoes when I’m doing more XC-ish rides though.

5lab

I’ve got some primeblue 5.10s and find them fine for riding everything from trail to dh. There might be grippier 5.10s out there, but I guess the compromise is they’ll last less time.

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Brilliant PSA

I somehow ordered the wrong size (12) and it should have been a size 9.
    Just called Evans Cycles customer service and they’ve cancelled the size 12 order no hassle whatsoever and reordered a size 9.

If you need to call customer service then use this number
    0345 6461125

Speeder

For balance, I’ve got a pair of Primeblues and don’t really notice much difference to my other 5:10s. I haven’t ridden them back-to-back but they’re certainly ok.

convert

I like mine too. I bought a pair in the summer for a lot more than this. With pedals with good pins and my non too gnar riding it’s more than enough grip. 2 more pairs on order. I’m a UK 11 normally and the 12 is the right fit for me.

A pair of shoes with a nod to the environment for £37 – feel like a bargain, even for normal non-cycling wear. And click through the link so STW get some of that.

Thanks OP

sandwicheater

Ordered a pair of these on the weekend as my first fore into flats after riding SPD’s for 20 years.

Will see if i die.

Still not confident they will ever show.

YorkshireRipper
    Free Member

To be fair to Evans they responded to my email with a couple of days and were helpful. I did have get that email address from Twitter search rather than the website though.

They could only cancel my order so I ended up missing out this time round

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Anyone had a dispatch notification for these? Mine should’ve arrived today according to the order confirmation but heard nowt so far.

towpathman

No, I was wondering the same

TheFlyingOx

Same here. Ordered 5th Nov, should have been delivered this weekend according to the email. Doesn’t even appear in my order history on my account.

weeksy

Nothing here yet.

submarined
    Free Member

Same. Status of mine is ‘ready to ship’ though

julians
    Free Member

yep, same here, mine says ready to ship, and has done for a few days.

Was going to chase them later today

stevie750

I asked where mine where, was told the date they where expecting to get them had slipped till the 21st

MoreCashThanDash

Was beginning to wonder if anyone had heard anything, not just me then.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

An update of sorts:

Having looked into this order for you, I can see that we are unfortunately waiting on the item to arrive into our warehouse for you.

Once this has arrived with us an email confirmation will be sent to yourself.

Myself can’t wait

julians
    Free Member

My order status has now changed to cancelled, anyone else?

submarined
    Free Member

Yup. Same.

julians
    Free Member

should have known better than to trust mike ashley!

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Just checked and mine has been cancelled as well ☹️
    Hopefully some will get a pair.

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Just bought some Giro latch for £78 at CRC, they’re better than my freeriders, just as grippy as fivetens if not grippier.
    Sigma sports has a few green ones left for £56.

Simon

Just checked and my order has been cancelled too ☹️

sandwicheater

Just had a webchat, unsure when stock will arrive. I can cancel or wait and see.
    In no rush.
    Not hopeful.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.