Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • PSA: Free Squirt chain lube
  • luffy105
    Free Member

I just received mine along with a long letter explaining why it has taken so long…..

I had completely forgotten i had signed up for it so to receive it today was a really pleasant surprise.

Sounds like they have had a real hammering on another forum over the time taken for these to arrive which is a bit silly. If a company chooses to give their product away for free then I guess it’s up to them when they send it. Obviously it is better if sent straight away and looks better for them but I aint going to get my knickers in a twist over it.

Thanks for the sample, Squirt! 😀

Edit: oh and don’t ever ever type squirt into google when the image search option is clicked when you are at work. That took some explaining.

gazc
    Free Member

hoping i’ll have a nice surprise when i get home tonight – totally forgot about this!!

nuke

Mine arrived today as well 😀

…with the letter. Feel sorry for in2dust really…sounds like they were a bit naive as to how popular it was likely to be but certainly didn’t deserve a load of grief. Never even heard of MTBE 😕

Onzadog
    Free Member

Totally agree, it’s free so you can’t really complain. Having said that, I remember a similar offer from mucoff that never materialised.

Love the tiny bottle. I can refill it and take it away for weekend trips. Perfect.

Thanks in2dust. Certainly doesn’t deserve a lot of earache on some forum no one has ever heard of.

dandax1990
    Free Member

Here’s a letter they sent to one of the forum members on MTBE.

The fact that the majority of people who applied for the freebie will probably never buy the product takes the p*ss for them to then complain about having to wait so long for it.

rockhopperbike

I bought a couple of bottles to try- seems good- but it needs to be topped up every 25-30 miles- chain nice and clean though!

sounds like the samples may still land 😀

kimbers

mine turned up today 🙂

id totally forgotten about it cant believe people are so sad to be nasty about a free sample bottle!

granny_ring

Mine hasn’t and I cant be arsed with it, if it does it does. 🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Never got mine from this PSA, but I’d got some free before and thru SingletrAction trail building freebee incentives.
    I’ve been running my full sus on it for a long time and the gear shifting is very slick on that bike.

vincienup
    Free Member

I love squirt on my cross bike that also sees more road/bridle way than proper offroad. Done well over 200 miles on last application so far.
    Not so sure about it on a mountain bike in the UK though.
    Based on back to back applications on mine and my mates bikes : brand new drivetrain on mine and used but scrubbed on his it seems to dislike traces of other lubes – mine was still sweet after the ride and he was disappointed with his.
    Also, while using it on a MTB at eAster this year riding on the NY moors in the snow, my chain froze solid… Hence my MTB ‘s are on chain juice or purple extreme again but crosser on squirt…
    Just my 2p. If there are still sample bottles going I’m in… 🙂

rockhopperbike

sample landed today – the enclosed letter made me laugh- I would say if people moan that much, then the company doesn’t need them as a customer!

anyway, nice little bottle for the camelback!

Cheers Squirty guys and gals

mindmap3
    Free Member

Mine’s not turned up yet but I had totally forgotten about it.

Does seem a bit daft to send rude / nasty / offence emails over a freebie.

GolfChick
    Free Member

I hadnt forgotten and was wondering just the other day whether it was just a myth! Wonder when mine will show up!

jekkyl

It’s best to get into the habit of lubing the night before you ride

😯

alibongo001

I cant remember if I asked for one in the initial thread, but seeing it earlier this week I went onto the site and requested one.

It came today, so either it took ages like everyone else or they are now in a position for a very quick turnaround.

In any case happy to try it and thanks to the makers for being generous!

granny_ring

Blimey, it’s turned up today!

But I’m going to wait 3 months to use it though. 🙂

dibboid
    Free Member

Haha mine landed this morning and Mrs D was about to launch a “what have you been ordering” attack how happy I was that it was a free sample. I live to ride another day. The letter made me chuckle “So far no death threats to the family” 😀 although my letter isn’t on the official letter head like the one pictured above. So I guess they resorted to photocopies because of the demand.

Thanks op I’ll put it in my cupboard and see if I remember next summer.

lank45
    Free Member

Did everyone else receive two bottles or have I just been lucky?

Clink

Another arrived today ❓

mudsoul
    Free Member

Got mine today 😀

felt
    Free Member

I forgot about mine, but it turned up today. 8)

tonyd

Mine just arrived. You’ve got to feel sorry for them – trying to give stuff away and getting that kind of hammering.

Incidentally it looks like this isn’t just dry lube, you just need to apply it and let it dry rather than squirt and go.

I’ll be giving it a try the next time I degrease, clean, and dry my chain. Of course it might well be spring by the time that happens!

mick_tvr
    Free Member

Mine just turned up

Mick 🙂

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I saw this stuff at my LBS the other day and they were raving about it, but I’d not heard of it so went for RnR Gold. Perhaps I’ll get a bottle if the sample arrives in Oz. People seem to like it.

Better than RnR Gold / White Lightning?

matther01
    Free Member

Received mine today. Been using it for years. Great handy lil bottle if youre away for a weekend.

Cant believe the letter they sent having to apologise for some n*bends complaining about not receiving free stuff.

Sent them a supportive email by way of thanks.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

I got one yesterday, and another today 🙂

I like surprises!

kristoff
    Free Member

Mine turned up this morning. Time to give the chain a degrease and see if it works for me.

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

I’ve been using it for a while, but was dubious as to how it would fair in the soaking wet we’ve had lately.
    Seems to do ok!
    Drivetrain is a lot cleaner, certainly. I’ll se how it does over the winter.

matther01
    Free Member

I find it works perfectly well summer or winter…but put two coats on, drying between each coat. I can get away with at least 2/3 rides before cleaning. Never had a chain rust up using it either.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Wondered what the weird lump in a jiffy bag that turned up today was when I didn’t remember ordering anything. Tiny sample bottle but I guess good for one or two applications.

Will try it out when I feel like doing a full degrease. My normal policy is to never do that as it flushes out the good stuff inside the chain, but will give it a go if that’s what they say is required.

nuke

I guess good for one or two applications.

Not at all in my experience…don’t need much to re-lube the chain. I took one on a week long trip, rode everyday and relubed everyday…bearly used half of one of the little sample bottles

stevew
    Free Member

I ordered a sample on Wednesday and it came today!!?

Don’t know what all of the fuss is about, great service!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I guess good for one or two applications.

got a sample bottle at bristol bike fest and on the summer road bike it lasted months. Just got another through today.

Northwind

Yeah, it goes a surprisingly long way. Worth trying even in bad conditions, I found it absolutely hopeless locally but it does very well even in manky conditions elsewhere. And excellent in summer

kcal

reminded by the thread, I contacted them this week; arrived this morning for me too. Can’t be faulted.

aidanoggy
    Free Member

I’d forgotten all about this, and mine turned up this morning as well 😀

danielgroves
    Free Member

So thats what the package Mum mentioned arriving this morning is…

coynie09
    Free Member

Ordered a sample on Wednesday and 2 came today……

mikey3
    Free Member

Had mine today also,thank you squirt.

sam3000

Ooops, i forgot i ordered 2, and then another 2 a few weeks later.

All four came today.

Good job really as I’ve just bought my first house. I’ve been riding nothing but single speed to try and limit wear and tear for the last few months lol.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Free Squirt chain lube’ is closed to new replies.