Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • PSA: Free iPhone Apps – only today
  • Milkie
    Free Member

In honor of the 40th anniversary of the Apollo moon landing, astronomy apps StarGazer and SkyVoyager are available free of charge from the App Store. Normally they're priced at $2.99 and $14.99, respectively.

Taken from Cnet. Read more here.

Thought it might come in handy on weekend rides.

peteimpreza

thank you

deft
    Free Member

The apps are SkyGazer and SkyVoyager, downloaded even though some nob stole my ipod touch 🙂

AlasdairMc

nice find, downloading now

chrispy

thankyou! excellent find

Milkie
    Free Member

Bumping for people this morning… Still free.

cp

cheers for the heads up – i hope they're still free later today when i get home and can use either wifi or my computer to install em 🙁 too big for 3g 🙁

Sandwich

Too late, if you hadn't got them by 8am today. I'm getting a this item is being modified error message on download. 🙄

clubber
    Free Member

It's a cool app actually – excellent to pick out the constellations in the sky. Shame that it's not been integrated with the compass and accelerometers so that it can show exactly what you're looking at though (or at least I've not spent enough time on it to find that…)

GrahamS

It was probably developed before the 3GS – so no compass available.
    Maybe they will update it at some point.

If you are geeky enough to have a telescope connected via a PC on WiFi then you can control it via the app and it will tell you what you are looking at. Which is nice (but probably only useful to 0.001% of the people downloading it)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Free iPhone Apps – only today’ is closed to new replies.