• This topic has 40 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • PSA: 50% Discount for Key workers at Berghaus.
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Not sure if it’s posted anywhere online, but on instagram, berghausofficial are giving a 50% off code for our besmocked heroes, just need to send them a DM with a pic of you and your badge/documents/whatever.

The Nobeer household has just got 450 quid worth of new boots for 225. Great gesture.

Drac

Cheers. Sent mine off the other night but still waiting.

Oh and it’s key workers.

Thank you, key workers

martinhutch

<Digs out ancient NHS badge>

Seriously though, lovely gesture by Berghaus.

eskay

Electric Bear brewery in Bath will also give NHS staff 25% discount. Email pic of your badge for a code.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You’re right Drac, I wasn’t sure as it was my wife who’s a nurse that did the needful.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Hmmm, wonder if they’d accept my NWAS / BBC badge!

Drac

Yeah, cheers for the reminder I heard about when I was nights the other night was going to post on here but forgot. 😂

perchypanther
    Free Member

Hmmm.

What if you don’t wear a uniform and are prevented from including a copy of your ID badge because you’ve signed the Official Secrets Act?

Drac

What if you don’t wear a uniform and are prevented from including a copy of your ID badge because you’ve signed the Official Secrets Act?

Panther Perchypanther.

molgrips
    Free Member

Bastards.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Panther Perchypanther.

Well played 🙂

brads
    Free Member

Is it for NHS workers or all key workers ?

Flaperon

All key workers.

welshfarmer

Great PSA. Thanks. Not sure how my selfie will pan out. Will take phone down the shed now

valleydaddy
    Free Member

awaiting a response

poah
    Free Member

score I’m a key worker. Who would have thought working in a supermarket would turn out to be important lol

ogden
    Free Member

Is any of their stuff decent fro MTB or is it all Walking/hiking etc?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

awaiting a response

Takes a couple of days, they’ll be proper busy with this.

Shorts and shoes are about all I buy that’s MTB specific, the rest is just good, appropriate clothing.

BadlyWiredDog

Their general hiking stuff is okay, but not very exciting. The Extrem mountaineering stuff and anything with a Mtn.Haus designed tag on is generally very good for mountain walking and, sometimes, climbing. Their down stuff is okay and uses some interesting reflective technology.

The lighter Ramche down jacket is worth a look, the full weight one is super warm for its weight. Oh, and the Hyper 100 jacket is a sub-100g, very nicely made, very breathable ultra-lightweight waterproof with hood. It’s expensive at full price, but with a 50% discount a bit of a bargain for what it is. The cut on that is very fitted though, so won’t suit everyone.

Footwear’s okay, the leather stuff is what used to be Brasher and very generous on both forefoot and heel fit.

Overall some of their stuff, mostly the top-end kit they’ve developed with the likes of Leo Houlding is pretty good, the more mundane stuff is, well, more mundane.

Hope that’s some help.

andy4d

Thanks for the PSA. Thinking of getting a jacket, how do they size up.

Tiger6791

Wondering if Locksmith is classed as a Key worker??

Drac

Well my code came through about 2 days as they said so that’s me down £115 but new trousers and some gaiters on route.

BadlyWiredDog

Thanks for the PSA. Thinking of getting a jacket, how do they size up.

The Extrem stuff is quite fitted, but true to size. The less technical stuff tends to have a more relaxed fit, but again true to size in the sense that a Berghaus medium corresponds pretty well to medium from most brands.

chakaping
    Free Member

I have some of the used-to-be-Brasher boots, they’re awesome for muddy dog walking and general outdoorsy stuff. Never been up an actual mountain in them, but I’m sure they could handle that if they needed to.

Wondering if Locksmith is classed as a Key worker??

Oh come now.

😀

spooky_b329

Thanks, great PSA 🙂

However go easy on the impulse buying, I’m interested in the £110 goretex trousers but if you have a quick Google they are available in lots of places for £70, so its actually only a £15 saving…and its not like I’m going to need them for several months or perhaps even next year! I’m still tempted…I have to tape my old cheapy ones around my waist as the press-studs are knackered!

Also in the market for a lightweight tent but it says to head to Blacks or Millets to buy the Berghaus tents so it doesn’t sound like I can use the 50% towards one of them!

BadlyWiredDog

Yeah, I think the Berghaus tents are one of those things where they’ve licenced their brand name to someone else rather than being a bona fide Berghaus product, if that makes sense.

andy4d

I got my code in about 10mins saw a jacket with 30%off, thought I will have that with another 50%off…..no such luck, it only gives you 50% off the original price. Still good value though.

MartynS

Multiple edits.,,

give up, formatting gone to pot. Will try again tomorrow..,

brads
    Free Member

You have to be on facetwit or instagran or somesuch, but if you email customer services with your ID they will send you the discount code. I hope, still waiting .

welshfarmer

I tried linking to their Twitter and Facebook accounts but nothing happened. I sent a pic direct using Facebook messenger and had the code instantly as soon as I had pressed send. Tidy.

donald
    Free Member

Drac’s new PPE has arrived:

benjamins11
    Free Member

This is quite a good plan by Berghaus – normal trade price is about 50% of normal retail – so by doing this Berghaus are creating a market for their goods, when the shops are shut and selling them at effectively their normal price for them. Good plan, I hope some more follow suit.

Drac

Drac’s new PPE has arrived:

😂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

This is quite a good plan by Berghaus – normal trade price is about 50% of normal retail – so by doing this Berghaus are creating a market for their goods, when the shops are shut and selling them at effectively their normal price for them. Good plan, I hope some more follow suit.

It’s a win win for them, great publicity, and hopefully they get to keep their business going, and be able to pay their suppliers. IIRC they ain’t a huge business, and are British based. Could be wrong though.

BadlyWiredDog

IIRC they ain’t a huge business, and are British based. Could be wrong though.

They’re a UK brand, a relatively large one by outdoor brand standards. Part of the Pentland Group which also owns Speedo, Lacoste, Endura (no less), Mitre, Canterbury, Kickers, Ellesse and others.

Main base is up in Washington, Tyne and Wear – started off in Newcastle years ago. Good guys.

Drac

LD Mountain Centre.

richardkennerley

Great PSA, thank you. Got a jacket and zip in fleece, been looking for ages and this made it a no brainer.

I just did a selfie with my ID badge (which is 20 years old- I do still work in the same place, just with less hair.)

I dm’d it via Instagram and the code pinged back instantly so I don’t know how that worked!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Superb Richard. 👌🏻

boxelder

Thanks OP for this. I sent it on to a few NHS/Police friends, who’ve made use of it. One sent me the pics that she used to register – in full PPE and then at the end of her shift with the mask etc off – livid red marks across her face, looking totally knackered. I’ll look forward to carrying her rucksack and new Berghaus gear on a hillwalk when this is done.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Got my code instantly on FB

Can’t decide on a nice fleece or a light softshell w/ pit zips.

GREAT PSA!!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘PSA: 50% Discount for Key workers at Berghaus.’ is closed to new replies.